Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know how you store the fish you keep. What's the best solution you have found? Or product?

I live in Niceville and plan to fish Choctawhatchee Bay Sunday in my brand spanking new kayak to start out. What are some good areas to start with, especially this time of year, and where would you launch? I was planning on throwing some shrimp or artificial shrimp around boat docks. Is there a better way?

Absolutely any tips, as I am a newbie. I have been wading three times and caught one nice speckled trout on A DOA under a float that you jerk.

·
Registered
421 Posts
its so hot right now, you need to fish super early, by 9 the bite turns off. Look at google earth to find flats with grass, fish there early with a topwater if there is surface action, or use a soft plastic or suspending twitchbait (live bait under a popping cork is the most productive method). Good spots include by the coast guard station jetty near crab island, the point just west of the 331 bridge (white point), and anywhere a bayou or deeper cut meets the bay. I like fishing those dropoffs. I used to fish by legendary marine at the mid bay bridge, but now there is a new business there so I dont know if there is still access to the put in. People catch fish in Hogwtown bayou, and really all the bayous.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Get a cooler big enough to hold a 27" redfish.
Buy some gold spoons, jig heads and gulp baits. Expand from there. Live shrimp are great too but I'm cheap.
Go to Jackson Guard station in Niceville and you can get an Eglin permit to put in on the Niceville side of Midbay bridge.
Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts