Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just joined this board and I'm hoping to get some advice. My family will be staying on base in Pensacola next week and I'm wondering about shore fishing the ICW right by the lighthouse. (30 20 39 N, 87 18 21 W) Any tips? It's supposed to be VERY cold (for Pensacola) and somewhat overcast and if my memory is correct the depth increases pretty quickly there since it is so close to the barge channel. Hoping to spend a lot more time fishing in Pensacola this summer when it's not so COLD.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
That is one of the best spots around. When we were allowed to flounder there I have killed many of them off that beach. You should be able to get into some redfish, black drum, and just about every fish around here. You’ll get some good advice on here just keep in mind you’ll need to be a little tough skinned sometimes. Good bunch of folks on here. Welcome to PFF.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
I would throw a live bull minnow and slow drag it back and throw a rod out with a bottom rig and fish bites to start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Have something heavy ready to cast to schools of redfish, a 3/4 to 1oz buck tail, a big Yozuri diving plug or a large spoon, maybe a swim bait. Then fish some live bait, bull minnow, finger mullet or live shrimp on the bottom.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts