Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I'm 15 and about to finish the eighth grade and i spend my summers in Orange Beach. I am looking for a good summer job. Any suggestions? And if y'all know anyone who has any job openings please let me know! Thanks!

·
Registered
615 Posts
helper jobs

You may have luck looking at construction type jobs as a helper doing dry wall or flooring after all the damage to homes last week. Sometimes you can get picked up as a helper and get paid under the table. Be prepared to work hard though. That's where I'd be looking.

·
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
9,430 Posts
I cannot help you with a job.

But as you take a job at your age, here's some advice.

Be on time, every time.

You'll be surprised how much an employer appreciates this. And fellow employees who you may be relieving. If you cannot (better have a good reason) call ahead and say you'll be late and give a good guess.

Have a positive mental attitude, even if you don't like the job, stay positive but look for a new position. Don't quit till that new job shows up.

NOBODY likes working with the guy who hates his job and complains all day.

But don't stay forever in a job you don't like.

START SAVING EARLY... read "Rich Dad Poor Dad"...

Make "saving" a habit early.

Good Luck,

Jim

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Its hard to get a job at your age. I'm only a couple years older than you and the only way I got a job is I know the manager. Its more about who you know rather than what you know. My girlfriend has been trying for months to get a job with no success even with probably close to 100 applications. Ive worked for years under the table but that has slowed down so I had to get another job. I am gonna miss making over $100 a day under the table though. Good luck and be persistent but not irritating.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its hard to get a job at your age. I'm only a couple years older than you and the only way I got a job is I know the manager. Its more about who you know rather than what you know. My girlfriend has been trying for months to get a job with no success even with probably close to 100 applications. Ive worked for years under the table but that has slowed down so I had to get another job. I am gonna miss making over $100 a day under the table though. Good luck and be persistent but not irritating.
Where were you making $100 a day? I might want to find a place similar to that lol

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Where were you making $100 a day? I might want to find a place similar to that lol
Working with my dad doing irrigation system and wells. Its hard work though but the pay made up for it! The bad part was it wasn't consistent especially with the past two summers it rained a lot and not too many people are looking for irrigation services when their yards are already getting watered.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts