Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been kinda snoopin around looking for a decent bridge net and havent really found any. Maybe Im just being picky or I dont really know what im lookin for but, Ive looked at a few places and I keep seeing the same ones that seem kinda cheaply made. I was wonderin if anybody could lead me in the right direction for a durable bridge net to land my fish with? Thanks all!

·
Registered
397 Posts
at wal mart around the bait freezers theres a box with large 3ft wide bridge nets we just got one and they work great they need weight and rope but its a good net for $27 ( this is at the one in Gulf Breeze)

·
Banned
910 Posts
Yea I bought one from a local tackle shop and the rope broke on a 40+ in red fish. We actually lost 2 nets trying to get him up in the Bob Sikes. So if you buy one that already has the rope and everything amke sure you replace the rope.

What I did after losing 2 nets in one night was get the one wal-mart sells. Then I got some of the camping rope they sell, you know the stuff they use around rocks and stuff, supposed to be resistant to abraision and rated at like 150 or 200 lbs. I bought some good "D" rings with the threaded clasp and rigged it up myself. If you are using it on the bridge you will want to get the abraision resistant stuff so the concrete doesn't wear through it.

If I remember when I get home tonight I will take a pic of it and post. I am kind of proud of it..

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Yeah I bought one at a local shop and the rope broke.....luckily though I had tested the rope before using it. I could snap it in my hands.........bought some new rope and it works great now. I have had to make modifications and it's deff. taken a beating, but it still works......oh and if you can, get one with a metal ring in the bottom.......help out more than you would think

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would like one with the weighted ring already in the bottom. Ray where did you get yours?

·
FORMER Shore & Pier Guide
685 Posts
I got one (about 10 years ago) from Bruson Net Company in Foley AL. It's held up well!

They are made 'heavy duty' from shrimp trawl material that has been dipped.

·
FORMER Shore & Pier Guide
685 Posts
Yeah, they don't have it in the catalog either.

But IF you call them, they can tell you if they have any made up. The one I bought had a poly rope.

At the time they told me "IF it ever wears out, bring it back andwe'll replace the netting for $25."

1 - 10 of 10 Posts