Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
***Creepy A$$ Cracker***
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I need a good stabile kayak that isn't gonna put me in the drink very easily. I haven't been on a kayak in many years and time has taken its toll on my body. I'm looking for a kayak to paddle from where I park my boat to one of my duck blinds. My boat has pirogue racks and I figure I would let the kayak ride in the racks.

What do y'all suggest?

·
***Creepy A$$ Cracker***
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hhmmm hmmmmm

I asked what brand/size kayak do you suggest?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a Hobie Sport I am looking to get rid of, it is papaya yellow and 9'6" in length. I will let it go for $1,000.

·
***Creepy A$$ Cracker***
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't think yellow will hide very well, budget around $500 I suppose. We are talking. About a 200-300 yard paddle at most so I don't reall need the most expensive. Just looking for something that is stable enough to make the paddle.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Don't think yellow will hide very well, budget around $500 I suppose. We are talking. About a 200-300 yard paddle at most so I don't reall need the most expensive. Just looking for something that is stable enough to make the paddle.
You should looks for a used ascend FS12T, see them all the time, very stable with lots of deck space for storage and usually come camo already. Should be able to find one for less than $500 no problem.

Full disclosure: I am only recommending this kayak because you are using it to go 300 yards. It's very cheaply made, so seems to fit the bill, After testing one out myself, I would not recommend as your go to yak for inshore fishing.

·
Registered
14,618 Posts
I've got an fs12t and it's a barge. Very stable but very heavy. I've got a old town dirigo that I love but it's a sit in and hard to enter and exit. A tarpon or pescidor may be whatcha need

1 - 7 of 7 Posts