Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We recently moved to Shalimar, FL and I am looking for someone to teach me how to fish for saltwater species. I am wanting to learn everything from in the bay to blue water, deep dropping, rigs, etc. I have a boat capable of doing what I want and don't mind buying equipment. I would like to find an older guy who can no longer run and maintain a boat but still likes to go or someone who is retired that can go at any time not just weekends. I have a lot of freshwater experience, used to fish bass tournaments and was a guide on Lake of the Ozarks for several years. I am planning on hiring a guide to come run my boat on occasion but I want to learn this stuff myself too. Are there any fishing clubs around shalimar, destin or fort walton beach? I know I have to be careful with this question because the potential for getting hooked up with someone who just wants to use me is pretty high. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Kelly plantation has a fishing club. Super bunch of guys. I bet that would be a great contact for you. I don't have a contact number off hand but will get it for you if you need. You can call me anytime and I will do my best to help.
Delynn 850-758-2165

1 - 2 of 2 Posts