Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Hey Hooked4life, I forgot to ask what time you plan on launching? Reason being I don't have a light on my yak. If we're shipping out before day break I'm going to put one together.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
No doubt bobby.
Oh, and some of you guys back me up or correct me on this.... I like to spool with 30lb-40lb braid, end it with about 8-10 ft of 40lb fluorocarbon, a 3-6 oz egg weight, 60-80 lb low pro swivel, 4-6 ft of 50lb fluoro, and a 6/0-8/0 circle hook. This may be a little overkill.
I go 30-50 braid and 8-10 of 30-40 lb leader, then my king rig for trolling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
234 Posts
I would love to join up. i run a cuda 14 but i am pretty sure i can do 4 miles i have done 6 inshore before and 2 off shore :) just dont wait up for me :) me and ole girl will get there when we get there lol

And i have a VHF

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I am hoping to convince my better half to come down and see the Juan Sebastian de Elcano and then I can kill two birds with one stone and achieve the heralded kitchen pass!

·
Registered
591 Posts
Its a given that I will be on the water Saturday weather permitting. If not the kayak, then the boat. But I definitely would like to go in such a big group. Swellinfo is calling for flat surf, and the weather is forecasted at 10% chance of rain. Let's go fishing boys!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Unfortunately I won't be able to make it either. Got to prioritize and my little one is graduating PRE K Saturday morning so its a no brainer. I will be heading out Sunday though! Good luck fellers! Remember PICS! No Pics it didn't happen:whistling:

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Good luck guys. I'll be on Lake Martin, honestly forgot all about this until a day or two ago. I'd love to make the run in the next week or two. Let me know how the AJs are!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 43 Posts