Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im planning on buying a atv within the next month, does anyone have any preferences on what to buy or not buy. Wanna keep it around $6500, prefer 4x4. Went looking today at yamahas and found a couple, but still not sure.

:doh

·
Registered
352 Posts
I'm sure you'll get lots of opinions. I've rode polaris 500 & 700, honda (lots of old) and the 700 rincon, yamaha grizzly 660, and I own a kawasaki 650 prairie. Really depends on what you are going touse it for.

#1. If Just riding. I'ld go with the Honda 700 Rincon, eventually I'ld add a locking differential, lift kit, and bigger tires. This quad had one of the most comfy seats I've ever been on, plenty of power, and speed. Plus it's a Honda and they seem to last forever.

#1. If going to be used for some work. (i.e food plots, towing trailers, hauling deer) Kawasaki, 650 or 700, personally I think the 650 has plenty of power and if you look hard enough could proably find a new 2007 for around $6000. It's the only 4x4 ATV I know of that will pull itself into a wheelie. It comes stock with a locking front differential. Add a winch and you're good to go.

#2. Polaris, comfy ride, but heavy and the ones I rode had a higer center of gravity and wider turning radius. Although, I haven't been on the new fuel injected model.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
I have a '05 kawasaki brute force 750 with ext warranty through '09that im looking to get rid of there is a thread in the for sale section but i cant pull it up due to the error message......$5500

·
Registered
433 Posts
duckhuntinsailor (1/11/2008)I'm sure you'll get lots of opinions. I've rode polaris 500 & 700, honda (lots of old) and the 700 rincon, yamaha grizzly 660, and I own a kawasaki 650 prairie. Really depends on what you are going touse it for.

#1. If Just riding. I'ld go with the Honda 700 Rincon, eventually I'ld add a locking differential, lift kit, and bigger tires. This quad had one of the most comfy seats I've ever been on, plenty of power, and speed. Plus it's a Honda and they seem to last forever.

#1. If going to be used for some work. (i.e food plots, towing trailers, hauling deer) Kawasaki, 650 or 700, personally I think the 650 has plenty of power and if you look hard enough could proably find a new 2007 for around $6000. It's the only 4x4 ATV I know of that will pull itself into a wheelie. It comes stock with a locking front differential. Add a winch and you're good to go.

I have an 07 Rincon... I love it. Reliable, plenty of power and no belt.... Here is a couple of pics of my Rinny....

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
[/quote]

That is a great looking ATV...are those factory rims and tires?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
[/quote]

http://i2.photobu[quote][b]TGillman (1/11/2008)[/b][quote][b]duckhuntinsailor (1/11/2008)[/b]/quote]

You need to tell your little boy not to be playing on your ATV because he might get hurt.:poke

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Good looking 4 wheeler!!!:clap

I have a 700efi polaris sportsman, and love it....I got it to work with though(dragging logs,hulling firewood,useing for food plots,hulling corn to the feeders,plowing snow, moving gravel,and of course getting the deer out,taking the grand kids rides...(that seems to never end!!!!)I use it on hills and just about goes up anything.....coming down is alittle different...:banghead...it does have a higher center of gravity though...so the (side hill,down hill)can be tricky

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
I've got a Polaris 500 and a Yamaha Grizzly 450 - both great machines. Even tho the Polaris is an older, stripped down model (01 Sportsman), if I had to keep only one, it would be the Polaris. The thing is like the Energizer Bunny - it keeps going and going and going. Never really had a problem with either machine, so I would recommend either one of them.

Ed

·
Registered
862 Posts
If your going to use it in the mountains, get one with a lower center of gravity (shorter)

the real tall ones will roll on side hills alot easier, and they will rare up on really steep uphills

Irode alot with a guy that had a Yamaha Grizzly and he rolled it more than once on sidehills

1 - 14 of 14 Posts