Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking at getting a bigger boat. Haven't sea trialed any of the boats yet as they are all out of town. Currently narrowed down between a Grady White, a Century, and a Sea Pro -- all center consoles at either 26' or 27'. Any comments by some owners of the above boats? How much better of a ride does the Grady White actually give -- I hear very positive comments about its ride. Thanks for any thoughts.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
by the way, I am not trying to get any arguments started over boat preferences...just looking for some honest comments. thanks.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Georgiaboy (1/28/2010)Been looking at getting a bigger boat. Haven't sea trialed any of the boats yet as they are all out of town. Currently narrowed down between a Grady White, a Century, and a Sea Pro -- all center consoles at either 26' or 27'. Any comments by some owners of the above boats? How much better of a ride does the Grady White actually give -- I hear very positive comments about its ride. Thanks for any thoughts.
Well there is a huge price range between those. That Grady is gonna cost you an arm and both legs.

Century is being discontinued ( owned by yamaha )

and Sea Pro, I know little about, other than its a hell of a lot cheaper than a Grady.

I don't think you are gonna get 2x the price difference in better ride in that Grady. I havent been in a Grady, but a guy on the forum who is currently out of commission had a Grady and he used to say how crappy the ride was. I think it was an older model.

Personally one of the best rides I've seen is in a brand Ive never even heard of, "Fish hawk", so don't let the name be the deciding factor. I bet some guys on here would take you out on theirs to see how you like it.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
choppedliver, thanks for the response. i agree on the Grady price which is why i was trying to get some comments to see if perhaps i could lean one way or the other before traveling to one of these boats to sea trial. i understand about the century. thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts