Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to come over to P/cola this morning and as I passed the Wal-Mart on Mobile Hwy. there was a huge number of Police across the street. The area from Waffle House to the Gas Station several doors down was taped off, more than 100yds of streetfront,and there were a couple of cars with bullet holes down the side of each. They had already done alot of investigative work and the evidence markers were everywhere, so it had to have happened before daylight. It was truly a very large andhorrible scene, and as bad as it looks I hope the number of people that were killed or injured was a little number.

I don't use the word Hate very often, but I truly Hate things of this nature.

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
The wife and I were at the Waffle House on 98 this morning at 6:00 am, and the cook came in said there was a shooting and fatalitie at the mobile hwy waffle house...:usaflag

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Shooting leaves 1 dead
An argument early this morning erupted into gunfire from an automatic rifle and left one man dead and another injured.

A second man was stabbed, however investigators have not determined if the incidents are related.

Escambia County Sheriff's Capt. Laron Summerlin said three people were in the parking lot of the Waffle House on Mobile Highway, across from the Wal-Mart shopping center, about 4 a.m. when shots were fired from an automatic rifle.

A witness at the scene said a man in a trench coat approached the car, a maroon Charger, and tried to rob two men inside. One of the men jumped from the car and attacked the man. That's when the shooting began.

The men in the Charger tried to escape the gunfire by driving from the parking lot. They headed south and came to rest in the Shell gasoline station two businesses away.

One man inside the car was dead; the other was taken to a hospital where he was undergoing surgery this morning, Summerlin said.

The bullet-riddled car was in the parking lot about three hours after the incident.

Investigators estimate 40 shots were fired.

No one inside the Waffle House was injured, a manager said.

Summerlin said it was unclear what prompted the shooting.

Summerlin said a group of people from Bay Minette, Ala., were in Pensacola "club hopping" and wound up at the Blue Bar Restaurant, a few blocks north of Waffle House.

Members of the group then went to the Waffle House, he said.

Deputies are at the scene collecting evidence. At least three dozen yellow, numbered evidence markers were being placed in the parking lot and nearby.

Details will be posted as they become available.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts