Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
There's some big bucks over there. We hit a big 7 pointer on sorento just south of Bauer Rd a few years back.

·
PFF Official Referee
5,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Someone else...thought it was a doe till we walked up on it..big ol body deer....

·
Registered
240 Posts
Ok. So here is the story...I'm on my way to meet Espo for a scouting trip to BW and I see the big body deer on the side of the road near the Sorento and Buaer int I tell ole Espo "hold on a second Brutha. I see a huge "doe" on the side of the road. I'm gonna turn around to investigate. I park my truck and can see the balls from where I parked I knew this big ole buck met an untimely demise and suspected poachers but the body was 100% intact minus the head. I shoot the pic then go get my boy for the scout.

On my way back I stopped to take another look. No signs of entrance or exit wounds and I did see some skid marks. My CSI abilities tell me this big ole boy was walking on the hard ball when he was struck by an on comming vehicle. The front left shoulder looked jacked.

I still say whomever removed the bucks head should've at least took the meat and called FWC but I wasn't there. They were probably comming from the Forabama and didn't want to talk to the law.

Either way. Damn shame. That was a big bodied deer. Hope to see one like him within shooting distance come Oct 20.

·
Registered
5,606 Posts
Stupid question.............. How would you cut off the head?? Would it take more than a hunting knife??

·
PFF Official Referee
5,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A sharp knife around the spinal cord and a twist of the horns will get the job done quickly...

·
Registered
240 Posts
A sharp knife around the spinal cord and a twist of the horns will get the job done quickly...
Ok. So here is the story...I'm on my way to meet Espo for a scouting trip to BW and I see the big body deer on the side of the road near the Sorento and Buaer int I tell ole Espo "hold on a second Brutha. I see a huge "doe" on the side of the road. I'm gonna turn around to investigate. I park my truck and can see the balls from where I parked I knew this big ole buck met an untimely demise and suspected poachers but the body was 100% intact minus the head. I shoot the pic then go get my boy for the scout.

On my way back I stopped to take another look. No signs of entrance or exit wounds and I did see some skid marks. My CSI abilities tell me this big ole boy was walking on the hard ball when he was struck by an on comming vehicle. The front left shoulder looked jacked.

I still say whomever removed the bucks head should've at least took the meat and called FWC but I wasn't there. They were probably comming from the Forabama and didn't want to talk to the law.

Either way. Damn shame. That was a big bodied deer. Hope to see one like him within shooting distance come Oct 20.
I almost got the rancid backstraps anyway. That was a thick boy

·
Super Moderator
20,138 Posts
I travel a lot for work and have done that quite a few times. But I have to disagree with the saving the meat. Unless I seen te thing get hit or someone told me how long its been there it's not worth it, especially in this heat.

·
Registered
965 Posts
I travel a lot for work and have done that quite a few times. But I have to disagree with the saving the meat. Unless I seen te thing get hit or someone told me how long its been there it's not worth it, especially in this heat.
That ain't no joke!

·
Registered
240 Posts
If you're gonna take the horns off something you didn't harvest, then at least call the FWC. A deer with its head cut off shouldn't be left on the side of the road for more ammo for the antii sportsman group. I'm telling you that they will chalk this up to un-ethical hunting. Or "Just some damned *******". Seriously, that buck is on display for all the anti-sportsman as "here's why". It's on the only road in or outta Perdido. Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
240 Posts
Not that I have to justify my actions as a passer by. I was Not the one who sawed off the head of the deer and it was already in a ditch bearley seen. I looked at the carcass then called fwc. Any issues with that? Feel free to PM me if you have an issue with my actions.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Go easy bro. Not trying to pick a fight. Just giving some food for thought. It almost always always comes down to good citizens cleaning up after bad. As responsible sportsman we are counted upon to make up for those who dont care.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Go easy bro. Not trying to pick a fight. Just giving some food for thought. It almost always always comes down to good citizens cleaning up after bad. As responsible sportsman we are counted upon to make up for those who dont care.
Agree. No hard feelings mate

1 - 20 of 24 Posts