Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shot a doe this afternoon in BW at 12 yds. As she trotted off i could see the entry hole and it looked like i center punched her. She went 40 yds and as it looked like her back legs where gonna come out from under her she maintained her stability and jus stood there for atleast 5 mins. She then walked about 5 feet to a bush and layed down. So i thought well she is done. 10 mins later she stands up takes about 4 or 5 steps and lays back down. So im stuck in the tree waiting on her to expire. I'm wondering if with it being such a steep shot angle if i only got the one lung. But it looked low enough it should have blew up her heart. Anybody got any ideas about it. Need something to keep me occupied.

·
Premium Member
2,516 Posts
Shes done.. Just give her some time. Even with a gut shot she may have to lay there a while..Keep us posted.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Shot her at 450. Didnt get down till 610. Went to where she layed down, which i could still see her till it got to dark. She wasnt there. Picked up blood and trailed her probally 200 yds and freakin jumped her. She didnt run far. But we backed out. Came to the camp, gonna get a bite to eat then go back.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Shot a doe this afternoon in BW at 12 yds. As she trotted off i could see the entry hole and it looked like i center punched her. She went 40 yds and as it looked like her back legs where gonna come out from under her she maintained her stability and jus stood there for atleast 5 mins. She then walked about 5 feet to a bush and layed down. So i thought well she is done. 10 mins later she stands up takes about 4 or 5 steps and lays back down. So im stuck in the tree waiting on her to expire. I'm wondering if with it being such a steep shot angle if i only got the one lung. But it looked low enough it should have blew up her heart. Anybody got any ideas about it. Need something to keep me occupied.
The way she is acting you got into the liver/ lower abdomen area.....Give her time and she will expire. If you spook her she may run 200 yards or more before she will stop and lay down again...good luck on the recovery!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.