Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First trip to Pensacola Beach and I am going to be staying at the western end (west of the Holiday Inn express) of Pensacola Beach in early August. is the fishing good in that part of the beach or are there some other spots I need to go to? Also, how is the fishing off the pier?

I am hoping the fishing will be as good as it was this past weekend in Padre Island National Seashore. Brought in several Pompano, 4 small Black tip Sharks, and more Whiting that I can count.

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
I don't fish over that way much so I can't really help but I'm surprised someone with more experience over there hasn't chimed in.

·
Registered
114 Posts
chicken bone beach

chiming in, sounds like you will be close to my fishing hole, chicken bone beach, last beach before fort pickens gate. if i am there you will know me, in the six years i have fished this spot (creature of habit) i am the only black fisherman with a beach cart and the works, i eat a lot of fish, and i have purchased fish maybe 6 times in 6 years. August is good if you can handle the heat. i fish for pomps but i will take a bucket of whiting for a consolation prize.:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts