Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Praedator
10,415 Posts
The only public one in the area that you can go to without a membership is in Pace. It's on Quintett rd just northwest of where Chumuckla hwy and Quintette come together. It's $11.50 per person for all day shooting.

6950 Quintette Road, Pace, FL 32571.
Phone: 850-995-9377

X marks the spot:

·
Praedator
10,415 Posts
rob883 (10/17/2007)be very careful last 5 times there i have always had a loaded weapon pointed at me and always flagrant disregard by other shooters of the range rules.I know how silly for me to keep going and expect it to get better
I only have gone for pistol and shotgun so far, but at the pistol range there have been a few times when proper range etiquitte was not followed. Everytime, I just politely tell the person of their wrong doing while following up with about how I would like to go home aliveafter shooting.Everytime, it's just been someone thatdoes not pay enough attention. But after I bring it to theirattention, they are much better. I've had one guy look at me hard when I asked him toput his gun down whenthe range was cold and myself and otherswanted to go change out targets. But that was the only time.

And unfortunately, it's the only public, non-membership range within an hour of anywhere. And that is why you get some that do not follow the range rules and etiquitte. Just to compare, it's the same as why you have more idiots at the free public boatramps vs. the ones that have a fee.

Jon

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.