Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I might get a trip in with my brother in Ga. here in a few weeks and I need to sight my rifle in. I did some googling and the nearest range that I found was in Molina. Is that true or is there anything closer? I live in Gulf Breeze. Thanks.

Ps. I am looking for a place to hunt, if you have something open please shoot me...a PM. Thanks

·
Praedator
10,010 Posts
The only public one in the area that you can go to without a membership is in Pace. It's on Quintett rd just northwest of where Chumuckla hwy and Quintette come together. It's $11.50 per person for all day shooting.

6950 Quintette Road, Pace, FL 32571.
Phone: 850-995-9377

X marks the spot:

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
be very careful last 5 times there i have always had a loaded weapon pointed at me and always flagrant disregard by other shooters of the range rules.I know how silly for me to keep going and expect it to get better

·
Praedator
10,010 Posts
rob883 (10/17/2007)be very careful last 5 times there i have always had a loaded weapon pointed at me and always flagrant disregard by other shooters of the range rules.I know how silly for me to keep going and expect it to get better
I only have gone for pistol and shotgun so far, but at the pistol range there have been a few times when proper range etiquitte was not followed. Everytime, I just politely tell the person of their wrong doing while following up with about how I would like to go home aliveafter shooting.Everytime, it's just been someone thatdoes not pay enough attention. But after I bring it to theirattention, they are much better. I've had one guy look at me hard when I asked him toput his gun down whenthe range was cold and myself and otherswanted to go change out targets. But that was the only time.

And unfortunately, it's the only public, non-membership range within an hour of anywhere. And that is why you get some that do not follow the range rules and etiquitte. Just to compare, it's the same as why you have more idiots at the free public boatramps vs. the ones that have a fee.

Jon

·
Super Moderator
28,513 Posts
Once again, since the forum has changed, anyone who wants to come out to my place (North of Karrick Lake in North Okaloosa) and shoot rifles/pistols/shotguns whatever are more than welcome. I have a 25 to 50 yard range set up, and a rifle set up from 100 to 250 yards... No fancy tables, I usually use my tractor/truck/golf cart and a gun vise. I do have some big tables if you want to useit. Kids are more then welcomed since I have 3 (8, 12, 14)...

·
Super Moderator
28,513 Posts
I guess I should have posted that on the last un....:doh

Call me at the house 537-8793 or if no answer my cell # is 393-4185 (No service at the house, so best to try the house 1st)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the invite Jason, mighty kind. I'll keep that in mind. Unfortunately I had aldeady left when that offer was made. I did shoot at the public range and everything was good. There was a group of Brits there with an American that was showing them the ins and outs of shooting and safety. I have worked with alot of brits most of them just can not fathom the American love affair with frearms. On the other hand most of them would have jumped at an opportunity to fire a weapon. I am very thankful to be an American and have the rights that so many take for granted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts