Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Visiting from Atlanta. Camping in the bay for 4 days and looking to fish the whole time(kayaks) - any locals want to link up and put me on em?

Side note - looking to rent a skiff for a day. Anyone have any contacts?

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
What Bay?
Where are you camping?
East Bay, Pensacola Bay, Blackwater bay, Escambia bay, Choctahatchee bay,

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Blackwater- escribano point

But I’m not locked into just fishing there. I’m going to hit as much water as possible possibly up to Destin and PC(Hathaway)

I think you helped me a while back when I was napping out some spots.

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
3,077 Posts
Escribano point (grassy point) isn't a bad place at all. paddle out and head up to skevans point, fish for specks/reds. Then head north from the point to the 1st big basin on the your right (east side, that'll be Big Cat). If nothing there, head back to skevans and head SE up toward east river. You should have had your fill by then.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I’ve definitely got the whole grassy point, skevans, yellow river area in the plan. I would love to hit some of the big bridges, but don’t want to spend all day fighting heavy current. Any good spots that are relatively calm at times?

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
3,077 Posts
You can always pack your yak over to garcon point landing (N. side at bridge) to hit the garcon bridge. Launch at Archie Glover ramp (Milton/Avalon area) at I-10 bridge and train trestle. Or at ramp at the Graffiti Bridge (Pensacola) on 17th ave and hit the 3-mile bridge going into p'cola beach. Launch at shoreline park to get the intercoastal and Bob Sikes bridge (P'cola Beach). g/l

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
3,077 Posts
Archie Glover boat ramp is closed.
IDK, Why, bc of the storm? Repairs? He says he's coming in about 2 weeks from now. If it's closed for repairs, do you know how long it'll be closed?

On a side note. You can launch at the Bonfire rd ramp off Monticeto blvd.
From Avalon Blvd turn west onto San Maguel st. Go to 4-way stop, turn right (north), cross the black creek bridge, immediately turn right onto Somona ct., 1 block up, turn right onto Bonfire rd, there's the landing.
You can access black creek for sunshine bass, and hit the 2 trestles and the i-10 bridge. Even paddle N'ish to the hwy 90 bridges. g/l

** I believe the name of the waterway is Mulatto Bayou, but we always called the creek, Black creek from the bridge to the east. And Mulat Bayou west of the bridge. Anyway, it used to be the spot for sunshine bass, don't think there is any/many there anymore. But they were fun for catch and release back in the day.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What are things going to look like in 2 weeks after this storm? Will the water be high? Murky? Back to normal?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts