Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize for not posting more pics and more frequently , but it has been a difficult summer for me. My family situation and jobs have kept me very busy and the weather was pretty difficult in August as well.. I will spare you all the bad weather pics, but we managed some great days in between thestorm cells and the unpredictable weather...I really don't like August fishing....too hot.

Here is my new client from South Africa....Peter Fiske.. we had a banner day as I introduced him to Pensacola Flyfishing...he was blown away with the variety of fish we caught and the new cage on the bow...

Nice ladyfish on fly....

Spanish on Fly.... too fun!

Here some pics frommy travel to Key West and the Dry Tortugas on a live aboard dive boat...this was a joint project for the EPA andThe Nature Conservancy.We were blessed with good weather and were able to complete two major projects in 6 arduous days of diving..I had about twelve hours of time underwater and got some great pics of turtles, lobster, fish and of course..coral....which is why we were there... to conduct research on stony coral....but that's another story...maybe I will post those pics in the diving section.

here are some nice pics.. really getting into the whole photography thing....

sunset in the Tortugas... looking towards Loggerhead Key!

All dressed up to go to work with my underwater paper.....

Afternoon sun....Julia.. from Russia.. she was camping at Ft. Jefferson....she brought me some good luck.

The only afternoon we got off early--- (5 PM)....I caught this tortugas tarpon...late afternooon sun makes this fish appear to be shining.. the Silver King!

Same fish a few seconds earlieras i was trying to land him..... a pic worth sharing....

The live aboard dive boat in the background.. check out the droplets from the jumping tarpon....

Anyway.... now I am home and ready to fish.. I dropped the boat in this Friday and Sunday to check the scene...let me tell you this to all my local friends and clients....now is the time to fish! there are more species of fish here and more bait .. the water is still warm and the weather is stabilizing.. October is my favorite month to fish!

Anybody want to go go catch four pound bluefish on the grass flats??.. they are awesome on a three ounce six weight fly rod....

Kings were on fire Friday..... caught five like this on my redfish Cabo 30 with fifteen lb. braid......these Cabo's are worth every penny...

Sunday is family day for Ben and I and we always have a good time on the water.. now he is sightfishing .. I can't get him out of the cage! Look at that smile...

End of the day.. we went to our swimming hole so I could clean the fish.. Life is Good!

I hope you enjoyed the pictures and the report..see you on the water.

BTW.. the local chapter of the CCA is having there banquet on Oct. 29th.. email me if you need tickets..I plan to attend... it's a lot of fun.

·
Banned
1,613 Posts
<P align=center>That looks like a lot of fun, Bob, thanks for the report!<P align=center>And Oh Yeah, Russia sounds like a nice place!<P align=center>

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, I am glad you like the pics.. here are a couple of underwater shots...

it was a thrill swimming with the turtles...

Huge coral head..Siderastrea siderea....

Diploria clivosa with christmas trees....

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cool.. nice to meet you.. that was a beautiful day... looked like you and your family were having a great time..we have so much to be thankful here in Pensacola.. nice to see families like yours out enjoying nature....keep up the good work Dad!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts