Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Valued Member
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Jiggin Finatic
8,629 Posts
That is terrible news and my prayers go out to his extended family for comfort in this time of great loss.

· Registered
3 Posts
Missing fisherman 2/24/2010

I would like to thank all the people who cared for my brother Capt. Poncherello (ponch) Kirkland. He was very much loved by all of us. This is my first time tallking about it since that day to anyone outside of family. I saw all the caring and thought that i woud tell you alittle about the MAN. I left law school in 2000 and came home to raise my 14 year old brother after our father died. Ponch became one of the youngest Shrimping Boat capt. in Pensacola florida. He went on to Capt. all 4 of our family boats (Morgans Dream,Morgans Dream II,Morgans Dream III and Union Gap) starting at the age of just 15 and went on until that day. I placed half of his remains on the hotels in pensacola bay in one of the spots that he loved to shrimp at and how can forever and the other half with our Mother and Father.
Thanks to all who loves him and cared enought to take the time to show concern and post a message on this site.

On be half of the Kirkland Family I would like to say thanks!!!Morgan

· Valued Member
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Are you talking about Ponch
Yes Me and Rodney grew up fishing with him, we fished all the clarks lakes and bayou Chico, we use to also go down to the yard and hang out on the shrimp boat with him and catch a few hard head catfish to pass time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.