Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I usually cut up my deer myself, but I hardly have enough time to hunt this year as it is. I just put down my second doe this morning and was wondering where in the Pensacola area is a good deer processor? Just want cube steaks, sausage, etc. Any recommendations are appreciated. Any info regarding price (do they charge by the pound?) helps too since i've never taken a deer to someone else before.

Thanks

Nick

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I used Cajun Specialty Meats last year - they were a little expensive, I think my 6-pt cost about $150, but everything is vacuum packed, and I had quite a bit of italian sausage. The hamburger and sausage was the best I've had, and they offer things like backstrap stuffed with cajun sausage or crawfish etoufee. I'll use them again for sure - nothing worse than venison with bone and hair in it, or poorly wrapped so it gets freezer burned in 3 months.

They're on the street behing Maguires - address is 690 E Heinberg St Phone - 469-9400.

Ed

·
Registered
10,810 Posts
Lee's is good and pretty fair, I use to help Mr. Holland out back in highschool, do'nt know if he still owns it or not. There is also a place in chumuckla, Oakes I belive #995-0404 , heard good stuff bout them as well. Good luck and congrats on the meat in the freezer, wish I had time to bring some home!:clap

·
Registered
309 Posts
I have used both Lee's in Milton and B&J in Century. Both are good and about equal on price, I beleive $~.69 a pound out of the cooler(it pays to debone it yourself) Extra when you start adding things such as fat, link sausage, or smoking. By the way NOBODY does better summer sausage than Lee's IMHO.

·
Super Moderator
28,611 Posts
Lee's in Milton.....average 25.00 a deer and Mr. Holland does a good job....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts