Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to build a loading bench, That I can use for fletching arrows, or working on my fishing tackle when I dont need to load. Does anybody have a good layout??

·
Registered
463 Posts
I bought a bench from Sams Club that I use for a reloading bench. It is 2' x 6' and the top is wood 2" thick. The frame is powder coated metal and very sturdy. I sanded the top and put 4 coats of poly on it. Looks nice and cleans up great. It was under 200$. If you are intrested I can post a pic.

Whatcha doing up so early or (late)?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, But I am thinking I might build one. Since handloading is sort of a do-it-yourself thing. I looked at the portable ones in the Midway catalogue. There is a plan on the internet that has a 6' one with storage cabinets. I think I can build it for about $100. I already have most of the wood.

Oh, I am working nights.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I've been thinking the same thing. I've found a few plans on DIY.com. I have a brand new EZ-press I need to mount!! If you find a good layout post it here.. I'll do the same.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Yep...I have seen those plans. At the time I bought mine I didn't own a saw. If I were doing it now I would probably build from those plans

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
*Reloading Bench Plans<DIV class=sa_cptic style="MIN-HEIGHT: 70px; HEIGHT: 70px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #fff"><DIV class=sa_cpti style="MARGIN-TOP: 30px; DISPLAY: inline" d="inline" s="none"></DIV></DIV><DIV class=sa_cpoc style="DISPLAY: none; LEFT: 736px; WIDTH: 244px; TOP: 391px" d="none"><DIV class=sa_cpic><DIV class=sa_cp style="DISPLAY: block" d="block" sticky="0" firstLoad="true" cpLoad="false" complete="true"></DIV><DIV class=msg style="DISPLAY: none" d="none"></DIV></DIV></DIV>

*Reloading Bench Plans ... is included with each booklet.Visit the NRMA web-site at www.[b]reload[/b]-nrma.com.<UL class=sb_meta><LI><CITE>www.shotgunsportsmagazine.com/downloads/bench_plans.pdf</CITE> <LI>· Cached page <LI>· PDF file</LI><LI>Here is what I have found so far. I have some of the material I need. It looks heavy duty, and I can use it for fletching our arrows when I need to. Its not real fancy but I have found this same pattern in almost every try to google.So It must be tried and true, I havent priced the total lumber package, But it looks like around $ 150.</LI><LI>I've seen a couple that have a nicer look for inside the house, but they dont look as tough. This one looks like you can bolt a small vise on it with no problem.</LI>[/list]

·
Registered
170 Posts
Build your own. I could not find any store bought ones that a liked. This one I designed, bought materials, and built in one day. Add a few days if you want is stained. The press is mounted to the table on top of metal angle pieces which really added some rigidity.

materials: 2x6's --- Deck Screws --- Various "Simpson Strong Tie" components --- Carriage Bolts and hardware --- Ebony Stain ---

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I don't have pics but I took the top off of an old picnic table that had metal cross bracing and topped it with a nice piece of plywood. Mine is mounted onto the wall so it has no legs to get in the way. I can wheel my chair around the sides without worrying about banging knees on the legs of the table. I am thinking about a lift system next time I make one so that I can adjust the height of the table. Sometimes I do things that require a lot of standing and sometimes a lot of sitting so I want to be able to move it up and down depending on the job.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I took an old steel desk - put sink type top on it with back splash...made shelves behind back splash. 2 press are eye level / scale on box - eye level. I use an old VHS tape cabinet to store dies / brass & loaded/ bullets & other stuff... see pic.(edit) check reloadbench.com ....Poppy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts