Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Thought I would share my experience with you. Back in February I book March 31st with Liz to have my boat detailed. I pulled my boat to Liz's place in Lillian March 26th, as I was going out of town and would not be here to deliver on the 31st. Received a call on the 31st from Liz saying they had washed and waxed the boat, but it looked like it needed compounding also. I had discussed this on the 26th and approved the compounding, so I confirmed to go ahead with it. Not a problem.

I called and text messaged Tuesday to follow up..........No response
I called and text messaged Wednesday to follow up ......No response
I received a call 5:50 am from Liz on Thursday. I am up by then anyway, and I answer. Her "crew" would be coming in today to finish the job.....OK.

I call and text message Thursday afternoon.........no answer
I call and text message Friday morning...............no answer

I finally get hold of Willie. He informs me that my boat is not complete. I let him know I will be coming to pick it up. He said no problem, no charge. Well, that didn't seem fair to me. If you washed the boat I expect to pay. He says wash only is $100.00. Not a problem.

I get to pick up my boat, and it had not been washed. Much less washed and waxed as I was told Monday! I tried calling Liz and Willie to discuss this and guess what.....yep...no answer. The only thing that had been done, was cleaning out of the compartments. I did not leave $100.

I understand she has hurt her foot, and I hope she is better soon. But do not lie to me about my boat!!! I would have been much happier with the truth.

A bit long winded, but maybe I have saved someone the hassle..... happy fishing

·
Registered
164 Posts
I haven't used Liz's services but I will share that this is really an unfair place to mediate a dispute. More damage to a reputation than fair under the circumstances. The vendor is immediately on the defense, etc.

For major services that we all use such as engine maintenance, detailing, charter services, bait & tackle shops, etc., we can create a section of the forum for "Reviews."

·
Registered
10,912 Posts
I am happy to read complaints and reviews, where ever they may be. I agree some may be harsh or a little over the top. Bit as a small business owner, your name, your word and your business in general are what keep you busy. If you fail to make a customer happy, or exhaust every effort doing so, you have failed as a business owner or even an employee in my book.

As for boat detailing? Well The Black Pearl is way to far gone for that. I am so anal about detail and perfection I could trust no one to detail any thing from my ATV, New Trucks or the boat. In reading this I hope the parties involved can come to an agreement and get it worked out.

·
Registered
13,110 Posts
This is not an unfair review. This is a pattern. Try waiting in line for a detail job only to find that not only did the person fail to show up, but they also would not communicate with you. Hopefully this thread will keep others from getting the same kind of treatment. I can say that Expert Boat Detail is the way to go. Fast, detailed, and fair price.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Well said. I appreciate the heads up and pay attention to what other members have to say about a service or a business.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Interesting review.

Not sure why anyone (let alone a company who specializes in detailing) would wash, then wax, then decide to compound. A decision on waxing vs compounding can be made a lot earlier in the process. Would be a HUGE waste of time.

Sorry to hear things didn't work out for you. Sounds like the whole issue could have been solved simply by communicating with you.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Interesting review.

Not sure why anyone (let alone a company who specializes in detailing) would wash, then wax, then decide to compound. A decision on waxing vs compounding can be made a lot earlier in the process. Would be a HUGE waste of time.

Sorry to hear things didn't work out for you. Sounds like the whole issue could have been solved simply by communicating with you.
Interesting, I don't have a dog in the fight but basically sounds like if someone knows what they are doing they would know to compound before you try and wax it? So if someone said they waxed it but still would recommend compounding they are probably lying basically?
Good to know for the future.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Who's right who's wrong. Two sides to every story. I too hope both sides of the parties work it out.
WhyMe
Mako my Dayo

·
Registered
6,427 Posts
I am happy to read complaints and reviews, where ever they may be. I agree some may be harsh or a little over the top. Bit as a small business owner, your name, your word and your business in general are what keep you busy. If you fail to make a customer happy, or exhaust every effort doing so, you have failed as a business owner or even an employee in my book.
That's very true. What stinks is that, like a previous poster said, there are two sides to every story. Good example is anonymous reviews posted on Yelp and similar sites...made by competitors or people who have a real issue. Often, business owners aren't even aware of it.

I'm not doubting the original story but anybody in the world who looks up "boat cleaning pensacola florida" on a search engine will find this thread. We are all guilty of grousing, so I don't live in a glass house or claim to.

·
Registered
65 Posts
i use Ireans boat detailing. I have never had to once call them back out and I have no complaints on their pricing. Give them a call 850-607-0197.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Interesting, I don't have a dog in the fight but basically sounds like if someone knows what they are doing they would know to compound before you try and wax it? So if someone said they waxed it but still would recommend compounding they are probably lying basically?
Good to know for the future.

I wouldn't say they are lying. But if I am detailing a boat (or a car), which I have done many for forum members here, I would at least do a test spot before I waste my time waxing the whole boat only to find out it didn't yield the results the customer was hoping for.

Any experienced detailer should be able to make a decision just based off how the boat (or car) looks and feels. Particularly if it has been washed already.

Just my two cents.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
I haven't used Liz's services but I will share that this is really an unfair place to mediate a dispute. More damage to a reputation than fair under the circumstances. The vendor is immediately on the defense, etc.
I disagree. This type of info is exactly one of the advantages of a forum. I look forward to the vendor's response when such things are presented, including the response of others - pro or con. No response from the vendor says a lot, but we should expect the original poster to post any resolution.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Liz's Boat Detail

Hello All,

Thought I would share my experience with you. Back in February I book March 31st with Liz to have my boat detailed. I pulled my boat to Liz's place in Lillian March 26th, as I was going out of town and would not be here to deliver on the 31st. Received a call on the 31st from Liz saying they had washed and waxed the boat, but it looked like it needed compounding also. I had discussed this on the 26th and approved the compounding, so I confirmed to go ahead with it. Not a problem.

I called and text messaged Tuesday to follow up..........No response
I called and text messaged Wednesday to follow up ......No response
I received a call 5:50 am from Liz on Thursday. I am up by then anyway, and I answer. Her "crew" would be coming in today to finish the job.....OK.

I call and text message Thursday afternoon.........no answer
I call and text message Friday morning...............no answer

I finally get hold of Willie. He informs me that my boat is not complete. I let him know I will be coming to pick it up. He said no problem, no charge. Well, that didn't seem fair to me. If you washed the boat I expect to pay. He says wash only is $100.00. Not a problem.

I get to pick up my boat, and it had not been washed. Much less washed and waxed as I was told Monday! I tried calling Liz and Willie to discuss this and guess what.....yep...no answer. The only thing that had been done, was cleaning out of the compartments. I did not leave $100.

I understand she has hurt her foot, and I hope she is better soon. But do not lie to me about my boat!!! I would have been much happier with the truth.

A bit long winded, but maybe I have saved someone the hassle..... happy fishing
Thank you for the concern! Yes, the toes are broke! I dropped a engine hatch on them. The doctor told me to stay off of it for two weeks. We can come to you in another week. It has already been a week since I broke it. Pain med's help alot. Just let me know if you would like us to come to you. I am booked until the 19th of April, but I can get you in. Thank you, Liz

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Liz,

Thank you for the response, but I have already made other arrangements. Best of luck to you in the future.

Matt

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I used to know how many 'ataboys' it took to make up for one 'awsh1t'. In a situation like this it is incumbent on the parties involved to make sure nothing but 'ataboys' are reported for awhile and all the unhappiness goes away.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts