Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought a new 30 gallon livewell for my boat and i'm looking for some info. on installation or possibly someone to hook the plumbing up for me.any help would be appreciated.thanks

what is a good brand livewell pump to use ,i'm going a 1100 gph. ?

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
You have done the easy part.

Depending on where the livewell tub will ride, it could be straight forward or impossible without cutting the boat apart.

By the way...Full of water your looking at aprox. 250lbs of water.

·
Registered
719 Posts
The OLE Keep'em Like Pink Rabbits.

I have a 35gal. plastic barrel for a livewell. I have it overflow at about 25gal. I use a Rule 360gph. pump with a truhull pickup. This live well will keep alot fish alive.The 360gph. pump has worked great for me. I'm pumping the water through about 15 ft. of hose too.With the hose and head pressure I really don't know how many GPH is going through the livewell.I know it will keep ALOT of live bait alive.

Keep in mind that a livewell pump can pump alot of water in a boat in a short period of time if a hose breaks or comes lose. If you use an 1100 gph. pump for the livewell be sure your bilge pump has a greater GPH than your livewell pump.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i went with a 800 gph instead of a 1100 .it saved me a little money on the fittings .i picked up everything i need today .i have a question,for my drain line on the well can i buy a T and tie into one of my scupper drainhoses?

·
Registered
719 Posts
The OLE Keep'em Like Pink Rabbits.

I'm sure you can T the drain into a scrubber hose. If it were me I would not. The scrubber hose may not be able to keep up with the volume of the pump?? I would say that you may need at least a 1in. drain hose to keep up with the pump. I have a 1 1/2 in. overflow on mine.

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
I would say that you may need at least a 1in. drain hose to keep up with the pump. I have a 1 1/2 in. overflow on mine.

1 1/2in is standard for any good livewell.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the drain stem on the livewell is 1 1/2 in. i was just trying to see if i could get away without drilling another hole in the hull for the drain line.i'll post some pics when i can locate my camera.how do you drill through acrylic?the lid did not come with a latch. thanks

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
Just slow the bit speed down, as it tends to get hot and melt.

If I'm using a holesaw on it. I do touch and go's. Raising the holesaw to clear chips and let slightly cool.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts