Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had success there? I made a trip back there a few weeks ago, really enjoyed exploring the canals and such, but had to abandon the trip when a thunderstorm popped up right over crab Island and churned up Choctaw Bay. I'm thinking of heading back there this weekend if the weather is right.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I put in once at the end of 393 and paddled that way. The flats to the east of the points are huge, but they seem to lack grass beds and I didn't see any bait or any activity. They are shallow too, its only a few feet deep at those docks. There is a dropoff into the bay from the flats, I trolled along it but nothing hit. I think I was just fishing it at a bad time. The point on the other side of hogtown produces fish for sure, so this one must. The marshgrass at the point seemed like reds would like would like to creep up to its edges on a rising tide. Hogtown bayou is fishable and I caught some schooly trout there a few weeks ago. I would put in at the boat ramp on 393 at lyon park instead of the north end of 393 where it hits the bay.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well you've had more success out of Lyons Park than I have :p every time I've gone this summer, I've had a heck of a time figuring out what the fish wanted. Reds and Trout busting the surface like crazy, but none of them have gone for anything I've thrown at em.

·
Registered
421 Posts
that happened to me in June. A huge school was destroying bait at the surface in a few different pods. They moved fast and were covered with birds, and I could not get them to bite anything? I wondered if it was something odd, like a mating school of some non game fish

1 - 4 of 4 Posts