Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured with all the live hunting reports I'd go ahead and do one for fishing been here an hr caught a bunch of small specks 14-16" and one rat red just waiting on it to get dark so I can try out my new flounder lights. The big menhaden are flooding out of the bayou so the bulls should be here soon

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Finished up with one more small red and saw one small flounder but the new lights are going to work great

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got some 500 lumen led from sealark on gcfc I acctualy bought a wading setup to see how they worked but he had some singles I'm going to get to build something for the front rod holders

·
Registered
478 Posts
I started out with two light on each side and added the third. The third (middle light) was just below the water and seemed to cover more area than the other two that were several inches under the water. If you are going to use only two lights you might want to try the 27 watt lights that some of the other guys have been using. I ordered one to try out and it is supposed to arrive in today's mail. If I had to do it all over, before mounting the lights I would take them out in the water with my kayak and get a better feel for how they perform and try to determine the best placement. Over all my set up worked pretty well (although I never went with really good conditions and I never actually saw a flounder) but I can see some improvements that I could make. I may re-do them for next year making the frame a lot simpler and moving the front and rear lights more forward to accomidate best angle when standing and poleing. Hope this helps to give you some ideas.

Greg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.