Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got in the stand about 20 minutes ago. I'm hunting over a small clear cut with a green field behind me. It's fairly chilly with random small winds. About 10 deer was seen this morning with 2 does dropped so wish me luck! Also saw some fresh bear tracks right next to me so...:whistling:

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Good luck with the deer. Not the bear! I got in late also. Just got in the stand bout 10 mins. Ago. Lets DRT a few!

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haven't seem anything yet. This PETA loving nut job is shooting off guns on the property beside our camp. And yes I hope it's just Yogi bear or we are going to have a problem.

·
Super Moderator
29,551 Posts
No final reports??? I saw 2 and Logan saw 4-5, he said he couldn't tell too good right at dark and didn't want to risk shooting a little un.....been having a few 30-40 lb babies around.....

·
Registered
89 Posts
Got in the stand about 20 minutes ago. I'm hunting over a small clear cut with a green field behind me. It's fairly chilly with random small winds. About 10 deer was seen this morning with 2 does dropped so wish me luck! Also saw some fresh bear tracks right next to me so...:whistling:
You should take some pictures of the bear tracks and call the wardens. I've lived in Hale county all my life and you are the first person I have ever heard say they seen bear tracks anywhere close to here. Maybe it's your neighbor messing with you!!!

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You should take some pictures of the bear tracks and call the wardens. I've lived in Hale county all my life and you are the first person I have ever heard say they seen bear tracks anywhere close to here. Maybe it's your neighbor messing with you!!!
I didn't see your post until I left. If I not mistaken a guy at our club goes up north and hunts bears or he used too, and he said they look like black bear tracks. Its not the first time we've seen signs of bears on our property.

But I didn't drop any deer this time, heard what I believe was a deer spooked before it came within my shooting lane. My sisters boyfriend shot at a coyote but we didn't waste time to go find it.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No final reports??? I saw 2 and Logan saw 4-5, he said he couldn't tell too good right at dark and didn't want to risk shooting a little un.....been having a few 30-40 lb babies around.....
The club saw a bunch this morning, and yes we are too seeing a lot of small deer also. Nothing this afternoon. All in all an alright trip. And props to Logan not shooting blindly! It's unbelievable how many people will shoot at the slightest movement.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts