Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody been catching any live bait out in the pass, at the Mass or channel markers? I’ve got some pinfish off the dock but could use another couple dozen cigs / elwys / hardtail to fill the live well. Just wondering if it’s worth the stop on the way out. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Has anybody been catching any live bait out in the pass, at the Mass or channel markers? I’ve got some pinfish off the dock but could use another couple dozen cigs / elwys / hardtail to fill the live well. Just wondering if it’s worth the stop on the way out. Thanks in advance!

They should show up anyday if they’re not already here. Kings showed up and they’re eating! It’s always worth the stop, no matter the day ! A blacked out well is worth stopping for even if your running late!

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
What’s the deal with a bait boat, is there anyone out there?

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
What’s the deal with a bait boat, is there anyone out there?
Since Tony passed away I haven't seen a bait boat out there with any consistency. There was one we saw out there a few times but nothing regular or consistent. Between work and wind, I haven't been out of the pass in a couple months, though... more's the pity.

Reactions: DLo

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update on the live bait question - pinfish for scamp fishing are thick off the docks and in the canals in the Sound. Very unusual for this time of year that there would be so many in a trap after a few hours.

Also, a friend of mine made a stop at the Mass and some channel markers to sabiki and caught nothing.

·
Green Eggs And Ham
10,750 Posts
Yeah the bait is a little thin but to be expected for this time of year. I got some sigs on the channel markers but patience is needed. The cigs will always be up current.

·
Registered
142 Posts
We caught all the mackerel and cigs we could fit in the livewell Tuesday about a mile or 2 off the beach.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
We caught all the mackerel and cigs we could fit in the livewell Tuesday about a mile or 2 off the beach.
We’re they on a buoy or open water?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts