Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help......I have always had really good luck with catching fishon liveglass minnows......but I never can seem to keep them alive. I will catch them in a cast net but all but the very first ones seem to die before I can use them. I put them in water from the place I catch them and use an aerator but they seem to die almost immediately...what am I doing wrong?????

·
Registered
237 Posts
I believe its still legal to use the seine nets because they still sell em at the bait stores , or try a small mesh net a really small mesh net so they wont gill up on ya and shake em really gentley not to hard but be a lil fast about it , and heres something you can try get ya a fish basket the orange or black rubber ones that has slots cut into them keep it in the water and once you make a cast easly shake them in to it so you wont be puttin a stress on them then bail em easily out of the basket in to your tank or bucket but good luck

·
stonecoldshooter
1,757 Posts
You may be putting too many into whatever container you are using. If you put 100 minnows into a 5 gallon bucket, the aerator doesn't matter.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Glass minnows aren't the most hardy bait out there, but they can be kept alive in a live well... if you don't over crowd 'em.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts