Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anybody has caught any cigs or other white baits recently on the Mass or on any of the markers? Also, do they bite at night? or only when the suns up. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Yes I have been stocking my freezer with cigs since it’s been to rough to run offshore.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Took a run offshore on April 30th. No live bait at the Mass. Caught a few at the Mass buoy but very slow. Other boats made stops as well but didn’t stay long. Made a move to the last channel marker at the pass. There were 3 boats at each marker. Again, very slow catching bait. Every once in awhile somebody would pull up 3 or 4 then nothing. After an hour of working for bait I headed offshore with with about 6 cigs, a couple elwy, and a couple miscellaneous. I also had about 20 pinfish from my dock traps. Tough day for bait from what I saw.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Took a run offshore on April 30th. No live bait at the Mass. Caught a few at the Mass buoy but very slow. Other boats made stops as well but didn’t stay long. Made a move to the last channel marker at the pass. There were 3 boats at each marker. Again, very slow catching bait. Every once in awhile somebody would pull up 3 or 4 then nothing. After an hour of working for bait I headed offshore with with about 6 cigs, a couple elwy, and a couple miscellaneous. I also had about 20 pinfish from my dock traps. Tough day for bait from what I saw.
Thank you for the information! Hope bait will be better this weekend.

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Been tons of bait around the piers. Cigs, LY, threadfin, Spanish sardines, Speedos.

Bayous and shore running mullet about 5" long are easy to castnet right now, too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts