Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Assuming you're talking about the one in Gulf Shores, AL: Not lately. I can tell you the west end is the place to go for winter lagoon fishing. Launch at the Jeff Friend Trail on Fort Morgan RD. There are a few "mini-bayous" SSW of the launch on the southern shoreline that have mud bottom and hold redfish this time of year. On the paddle over you should drag a sinking plug like a S52MR behind you. There are some big trout on the deep section in the middle between the sand bars.

·
Registered
121 Posts
It's about a 20-30foot drag from unload area to waters edge. A dolly sure helps

-From behind these eyes, flung in your general direction!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Geauxwin...have you been trolling or drifting deep areas or have you been fishing more shallow?

-From behind these eyes, flung in your general direction!

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Offshore weather looks like crap so I think I'll be fishing the lagoon several times next week. Anyone interested?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
absolutely in town 22-28 DEC staying in Navarre and Pensacola please feel free to call anytime 205 four two seven two three 03. Jeff hobie pa14

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, if this weather ever cleans up and the wind backs off a bit I'll be going. I've never used the Jeff Friend kayak launch so I'll likely try that area. Friday may be possible but the wind may be a factor. I'll keep in touch.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
got out for a few hours this morning/afternoon. caught 2 specs, 1 red. going tomorrow if the weather holds

1 - 11 of 11 Posts