Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy of mine just bought a condo on Little Lagoon in Gulf Shores. He wants to know if I can get my boat to his condo. I am wondering what are the specs of Little Lagoon pass. depth, width, and bridge clearance. I'll be in a 35' CC with twin inboards drafting just shy of 3'. with antenna's and rods down I am about 10' tall. If you do think I will fit, any local advice on navigating the pass since the little I have been able to find about it says the currents are very strong through it... thanks for your help!!

·
Registered
186 Posts
I would say no way... Catch the tide just right and you can walk across Little Lagoon... Waverunnner through the pass yes, 35ft. boat no... Several years ago I barely made it through the pass in a 17ft. aluminum boat.... I would guess average depth in Lagoon 3 - 4 ft.Burt

·
Registered
82 Posts
you can not make it in your 35 ft boat. I go out sometimes in my 18 but if it has any roughness at all it gets pretty tough not to hit the wall. It is not very wide and there is a lot of current

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
watched 5 big net boats go out the pass the other night, but still dont think i would chance it. Although they are doing some dredging right now.

·
Registered
60 Posts
you will never make it.... I have a friend with a house 3 down from the "pass" and even small boats 18 and under have problems... I can usually walk across it and never get my shorts wet</p>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts