Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

61 - 80 of 238 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #61 (Edited)
I got to work tonight go to a meeting in Milton Sat moarning and maybe sunday. Let me check my best times to go.I am tying a minnow fly for night fishing, got plenty of two and three inch gulps and Zoom Fluke Jr. Making a tiny fluke Jr. Fly for my eight weight rod. I am ready. The best times Sunday I think that will be about 8:30 am and in the afternoon about 3:30pm You could go about two hours befor and fish a hour or two after words. The top days for fising this week are today and tomorrow and will taper off. Let me know.

bob

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
KBob, I have spring break March 12-16 and probably the weekend on the back side of it. Let's fish the lagoon and see what we can do. I should have my boat down in GS that whole week. Lights, scouting, whatever works with me.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
sounds good we will get a boat parade goin . I can meet you at the launch site we can hit the lights and the cu latter after day light.t.bob

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Why do i feel that this is turning into a Boat Parade------
Count me in---Fishing Littlt Lagoon is always fun:thumbsup:------------------BT66
BT, you're more than welcome to hop on my boat with Kbob and me, I have a 21ft tunnel hull that is quiet as heck with a trolling motor down and can easily fish 3 people. I was also wondering if you've ever used a white gulf swimming mullet in the 3in size unweighted? I used it earlier this year under the lights in Little Lagoon with a size 2/0 hook and caught reds, specs, and white trout every cast. You throw it past the light and jig like a jerk bait but a little slower, it will jump across into the light and it drives them nuts. I've also done it with a white DOA CAL split tail in the 4in size with the chartreuse tail. Both work wonderfully and I was wondering if you've ever tried it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
http://www.bing.com/shopping/berkley-gulp-3-saltwater-swimming-mullet/p/01B8B358B66CADC65020?q=gulp+swimming+mullet&lpq=gulp swimming mullet&FORM=HURE

I was trying to think what is a swimming mullet then I remembered I have some. One day Bass Tracker and I was fishing Alligator lake and I was fishing with a ultra light light spinning rod and I had a H and H gold spinner bait with a jig and one of the green swimming mullets on it. I cast it out there and bam a 8 pound Grinnell hit that thing. This is also a great red fish rig used by tournament red fish fisherman. This at night like you said should be deadly on a hook or small jig. Bass Tracker likes the three inch gulp shrimp. On a small jig head no paint round and hops it off the bottom like you never seen before. This is deadly at night in those lights on the lagoon. That tail action of the swimming mullet and the sent should drive them nuts.
Can’t wait till March and April full moons on the lagoon. Should be fun..
I also am ready I bought a spool of Fluorocarbon six pound line to make leaders for this fishing. I cried when I paid the price but I think it will help me catch more fish in super clear water. Should last many years so it is a good investment.
Going to tie a glow Supreme Shrimp Fly for night fishing. Got to regular shrimp colors all ready done. Got to turn the light off and look for the glow stuff cant locate it with all the stuff I got. bob

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
You guys are talking about a "boat parade" I have a better idea lets get gill nets or dynamite and over fish the place! Pay your dues' learn to fish the place on your OWN. ChrisV is right release the big girls that's brood stock!
So there's something wrong with fishing with others? Dang that was one of my favorite parts of fishing. You would understand that he was kidding about a "boat parade" if your first post on this forum wasn't one that had nothing to do with this thread and didn't jump all over people to piss them off. We do release the gators, we are merely talking about CATCHING them. If we didn't teach others how to fish, fishing would die out. So you're telling me that NO ONE taught you how to fish? Never gave you any pointers? You never read any reports or watched any videos? If so, you're being a hypocrite.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
This is to Dagermouth. When I pay a guide to show me how to locate these big females in the Little Lagoon would you like to go along?

If you think we are going to put those big females in the ice chest you are mistaken.

I return about 90 percent of what I catch.

This was your first post on this board at least under this name.

You need to enjoy fishing especially the planning on learning the water.

No gill nets or dyanmitte needed. This body of water is a half a mile wide and ten miles long. There is plenty of water for us and the fish. bob

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
This Post is getting so much attention--over 7000 hits--i felt that some of the viewers should get more out of it. So i am going to start a "Tips for Fishing Little lagoon" starting today.
# 1. Night Fishing under the Lights.
Its quiet--you can hear the Lions Roar at the Zoo at daylight--hear the garbage truck picking up trash--see fish feeding under the lights--watch the sun come up--see the Lightning in a far off thunderstorm. I like to pull up to a light-- up wind, well back from the light--ease my anchor over and throw to the light. I like to use a Gulp and "Hop" it back to the boat--works most of the time. Questions.---More to come--stay tuned----BT66

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
I have decided for the sake of the large female Trout I wont fish for them. I can not take a chance of hurting them if I try to weigh or measure them. There for I will just fish for the little male trout under the lights in the early morning. How many large female trout die per year at the little Lagoon becasuse we hold them in our bare hands. Maybe we could wear surgiacal gloves or hold them in a wet towel. Just not worth the rish I guess. Thanks for your advice. I guess I will have to telll the guide the deal is off for the secrets to his deep holes and how to catch these big female trout.

Bass Tracker look forward to your tips. Are you going to tell them how to Fluke?

Kabob

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Me and Little Lagoon---By BT66
The first time i fished LL was in early 1971. At that time there were few homes and fewer docks and -to my knowledge-no dock lights. The only outlet to LL was a natural outlet at the West End that only flowed at High Tide or when it had some help from locals. Many things have changed during the past +40 years--Some good/some bad. But change has come to Little Lagoon--and some of it in the form of more people fishing. People who want to fish are going to fish. If a person wants to Educate some of them on ways to help the fish population survive the inceresed pressure-thats good. If someone else wants to help them by giving tips on fishing--thats good. Most people who fish are good people who are trying to relax--have a little fun and want to enjoy life.----------BT66

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
#2--Tips for Fishing Little Lagoon---
The West End----
In all of my years of fishing LL the larger fish have almost always come from the the West End. More bait fish and a little deeper water seem to me to be the reason. Now is a good time to start using Stick Bait type lures and Top Water. but to catch fewer but larger fish use live mullet or small bait fish or the biggest Live Shrimp you can find. I like to fish early morning--suits my life style--but fish can be caught at all times of the day. Go fishing-- Catch Fish--have fun--take some home to eat but put back the larger fish for our children.-- Questions-----BT66
-----------PS--Maybe someone else could give us some tips on the proper way to release big Fish.
Tip # 3---Fishing the Cut---Coming soon---stay tuned--------

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
BT, I'd love to fish with you sometime soon on the West End of the lagoon. Dying to try out my mirrolures and topwaters down there and possibly some live bait.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Okay, so I really should probably refrain from posting this. But this just seems ridiculous. Did I miss something here?

Sometimes I wish people wouldn't hide behind some online forum name and belittle others; it's really unbelievable.

I guess I'm a bit biased towards BT, KB, and SAS but what have they done wrong here? They all seem like great guys with good intentions.

And in all seriousness, I'm going to admit my ignorance here. I'm no biologist by any means, but from what I understand, using some kind of lip gripper and wetting your hands before touching a sow is a pretty safe way of handling the fish.

What is wrong with getting a group of guys and boats together to fish?

·
Registered
98 Posts
... hehe okay.

I'm a terrible fisherman, honestly. lol

Seriously, though, I don't mean to cause drama. What's the best way to handle them? Is the idea of just wetting your hands before touching them, and then using a lip gripper okay?

·
Registered
516 Posts
Daggermouth, you speak as if you're a successful and knowledgeable fisherman. Where's your reports or tips rather than your B.S. comments?!? I have and I always will share any tips or teach anyone what I can, that's just the way I am. I guess you learned it all on your own right?!? I'd learn how to respect someone and not hide behind a screen making a$$ clown comments. Try enjoying life, it's too short to be so unhappy!

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
... hehe okay.

I'm a terrible fisherman, honestly. lol

Seriously, though, I don't mean to cause drama. What's the best way to handle them? Is the idea of just wetting your hands before touching them, and then using a lip gripper okay?
All fish have a "slime" on them that helps the fish fend off parasites and it functions as other various things. Yes wetting your hands really helps them, a boca grip is even better. Don't pay attention to the drama queen up above, no one knows where he came from. He joined a fishing forum to bash people and talk about how much he knows. You're more than welcome to fish with me and Kbob on my boat over spring break. Hit me up on facebook or on here later next week and we'll work something out.

61 - 80 of 238 Posts