Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

221 - 238 of 238 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #221 (Edited)
Big Specs

If any of you seen the pictures of Bass Trackers Speck he caught.

I still do not have all the story about them. Hope to go fishing for him next week at the Little Lagoon. He says to leave all the rods home but my #8 fly rod.

The tread sure has done well with visits and posts since it started.

Hope more of you can get down there and fish this great body of water. Kayak Bob

http://basstracker66.phanfare.com/6003045

also look at the winners of our March Tournament we put on.

Little Lagoon---My largest Speck-----3/28/13

This morning i went to Little Lagoon and caught the Two Largest Specks of my life. Plenty of pictures at http://basstracker66.phanfare.com ---enjoy

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #222
If you can get out to the lagoon this weekend should be some good fishing. Try to put your boat in at the boat launch and go across the lagoon to some of the lighted boat docks early like 4 am. Then about 35 minutes before day light go across to the upper end there are three lights to fish. You might pick up some fish. Then go to the inlet and fish in the shallow water you may pick up some Flounder or Reds. There are other areas as well its such a huge body of water but early am and two hours before dark should be some good fishing. Let us know if you go and how you did.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Little Lagoon--Speck and Spanish-------4/26/13

by Bass Tracker 66 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:34 am
Got to little lagoon at first light---beautiful morning. Wally caught one Speck and two Spanish and then the Wind started honking. Got bad to fish so we came home----but it was a good morning to be fishing---------------BT66
Free Pictures at.
http://basstracker66.phanfare.com
Bass Tracker 66 Posting Addict

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Little Lagoon--Somewhat good--------7/27/13

Went tonight--Two Times----7/27/13

by Bass Tracker 66 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:41 am
Batts gone---Dr Crain says i have a loose filling---come back---no rain on radar---time to go Fishing. Went to Wolf Bay at 08:00 PM and fished under my favorate lights--all of them. Not a bite,nothing. Took out and went to Little Lagoon--almost as bad. Low water and very little activity under some lights. Managed to put three Specks in the boat--home at 1:00 AM. KBob the Fish are in my boat on ice and if you want the Specks come and get them but if they are still there at 11:00 AM in the morning i will clean them.---------------BT66
Free Pictures at.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'll be down in OB this weekend and plan to try little lagoon first thing in the morning. I've waded it a few times by the pass and on the north side in a few spots. Thought about throwing a top water first thing in the morning... Any suggestions?

Oh and it's worth noting I won't have access to a boat so riding out to docks at night is kinda out of the question unfortunately.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anybody planning on doing any fishing in little lagoon (or anywhere nearby) next week? I'm going to be at the Surf and Racquet club on little lagoon from the 7th to the 14th. I'm bringing my kayak and plan on fishing in the lagoon and over on the surf side as well. I'd love to hook up and do some fishing with some folks that know what their doing!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Little Lagoon

Really have'nt seen many reports on Little Lagoon but would like to keep this thread alive--Has been very informative.
I'll be there for 6 wks if anyone wants to meet.. I'm a flyguy and like the lites.

Tightlinz

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Flydoc----
Its been a long time sense I posted on this blog----my good friend KayakBob has passed away---lost a very good fishing friend. I still fish Little Lagoon but not much lately as I also am getting old. But I will post under this blog when I fish Little Lagoon and maybe some others can also--such as CaptF---Sparky---Thrill and some members of the Kyak Club and others who remember when this Little Lagoon was --for a short time--the talk of the PFF Forum. Maybe DaggerMouth can say something--he is still around you know--only uses another moniker. I feel a fishing trip coming on ---stay tuned-----------BT66:thumbup:

·
Registered
35 Posts
I haven't fished there yet this year, but in the past i've had great days and not so great. Last year I fished there a hand full of times. Some days i would catch a mess of flounder around the pass, others i'd be lucky to land a few specks on the west end. Either way, it's a great place to fish.
Love the fact that I can take my wife and kid with me. If they need a bathroom break we can beach the boat at the pass and let them walk up to the bathroom.

I plan on going down soon and flounder gigging in the lagoon. I've heard lots of good stories about racking up there....we will see

·
Registered
71 Posts
I fish the goon a dozen times in the last month and had 30-40 specks to 23" and 4 reds to 27" all on the fly..

Luv them lites and the water was always clean. I'll be back next year..

Tightlinez all

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
LittleLagoon-----Alive/Well--------5/1/15

LittleLagoon-----Alive/Well--------5/1/15

by Bass Tracker 66 » Fri May 01, 2015 10:04 am
HoorayHoorayHooray----Little Lagoon is alive and well. Got there about +/- 4:30 AM---Fish under every light. They were not jumping in the boat but a person could have caught plenty if he had wanted them. I caught Croaker/Reds/Specks and Flounder. Kept one of each to eat tonight when Country/Jeniffer and Habu/ Kathy will be over for supper. I am glad I caught some fish because Mrs. BT told me that if I didn't catch enough fish we were going to Wolf Bay Lodge to eat---I could buy a new Rod/Reel and plenty of Zooms for what it cost to eat there. Water was low and a strong ENE wind pocked up at daylight.-------------------------BT----------

Free Pictures at.
Bass Tracker 66 Posting Addict Posts: 5770 Location: Foley
http://bb.gdomag.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11510#wrap

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Hoglaw and I were also in the lagoon this morning. We caught a number of specs, reds, flounder and croakers, but only one fish (flounder) big enough to keep.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I fished it Saturday evening and tried my hand at flounder gigging. Caught a few small specks before sunset. Tried gigging until midnight. Only saw 1 flounder with the lights but spooked him before getting a shot. There were 3 other boats out on the water gigging. One of them said they got a flounder. Another boater said he didn't believe there were fish in the lagoon anymore. Another only stayed an hour then took off. I was very disappointed in the gigging. I thought i'd see at least a dozen flounder at the pass...

We did manage to land a few specks under some lights on the way back to the truck around 1 am. All smalls. ;)

·
Center Mass at 300m
2,046 Posts
Looking for someone to go yakking with me early on a Saturday morning for a few hours. Wanting to learn to fish the flats and only throw artificials.

Was thinking about using the ramp at Ft Morgan road to launch from (10' utility trailer for hauling the yak and parking).

Let me know.

221 - 238 of 238 Posts