Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At what point west of Pensacola does the offshore fishing go to crap?
The Texas coast is not playing along and Pensacola/Navarre is too long of a drive after work (7-9 hrs, I drive a Jeep). Any suggestions west of Pensacola?

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
421 Posts
Louisiana has great inshore fishing. If you want offshore you have fewer options b/c south LA has so much marsh. You can drive to Grand Isle though and access the gulf from there.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response Salt Lines. Inshore options I have, I'm an offshore guy whose going stir crazy. Looking at the maps, you are right 3 miles out and only 16' deep. For some reason you guys miss all of our nasty weather? 6' seas with 25 mph winds, then look at Navarre and it's flat with a 5mph breeze.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
62 Posts
I live in south LA, and the closest/best option for me is Navarre. I was envious of the Texas snapper regulations being 4 per person - but certainly don't want to peddle 7+ miles out!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Port A in the Corpus area has pretty good spots to yak. You can get into some decent structure less than a mile off the beach, there are some rigs less than three miles out that you can get into kings, smacks, etc..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I live in south LA, and the closest/best option for me is Navarre. I was envious of the Texas snapper regulations being 4 per person - but certainly don't want to peddle 7+ miles out!
Just need to drive farther south. They can be caught 2+ miles off the beach.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Port A in the Corpus area has pretty good spots to yak. You can get into some decent structure less than a mile off the beach, there are some rigs less than three miles out that you can get into kings, smacks, etc..
That is my main area, but the weather on the Texas coast has been unforgiving on the weekends. The south coast's have been clean (or so my apps say)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Local knowledge, how bad will the beach crowds be this weekend (Memorial Day Weekend)? Is there a better beach than the Navarre kayak launch as far as crowds go?. I hate re-entry with crowds and not knowing which kid is going to try to impel him self on your yak.....

·
Registered
421 Posts
This forum used to be much better but a year or two ago they started running lots of ads and it went downhill, there are now far fewer posts and reports and I have less distraction during my work day. I haven't seen anything like this from Texas (I used to live there)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is there a fishing forum similar to this one for the Texas coast?
Ours is Texaskayakfisherman.com and ours has gone through a similar decline in the last couple years. There is more activity on the FB page but as with all things Facebook it comes with more drama.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm Boomy there too. Or just PM me and I see if I can help. I've fished most of the coast. Inshore info I can ask around.

·
Super Moderator
19,717 Posts
This forum used to be much better but a year or two ago they started running lots of ads and it went downhill, there are now far fewer posts and reports and I have less distraction during my work day. I haven't seen anything like this from Texas (I used to live there)
If you’re seeing ads that’s probably from your browser. I don’t see any.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts