Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have recently had a lot of luck fishing off of the Gulf Breeze side of Bob Sike's towards the very end. I was a using one of those steal leaders with a split off for a pyramid weight (2oz.). As far as hooks go, I am a big fan of any hook size that seems to fit well with the size of your bait, at least when fishing with shrimp (which seems to work the best for me when fishing off of Bob Sikes and hoping to catch red fish). As far as bait goes, I use Live Shrimp. On Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday night I caught a (24", 24", and 28" in that order) all using live shrimp. The key to using shrimp is making sure they are as big as possible, I caught the 28" red on literally, a 5" shrimp, that was by far the biggest shrimp I have ever seen. Over the past 4 months I have been fishing out on Bob Sikes (mainly at night) and prior to the past 2 weeks, I have seen only but a few red fish landed, the past 2 weeks, there has been at minimum of2-3 reds landed each time I have been out there. Good luck and hopefully this will help.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.