Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've lived in P'cola for many years and have recently got a really BIG fishing bug. I'm looking for some advice, tips, tricks, general knowledge of how, when, and where to catch some big reds. When is the best time - incoming tide, high tide?? What type of bait works best? I've heard from cut bait on the bottom to grubs and spoons. Unfortunately, I am as landlocked as they come, so, is it possible to find some good fights off of a pier or bridge?? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated as I am off work until Saturday night and would love to get out there ASAP with at least something in my tackle box other than the ever popular "Well, honey, they just weren't biting today" or "I had a huge bite and then you called me on my cell phone !!" stories!!!

Thanks!!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No luck everyone - too much wind. Had one on, but he spit the hook after destroying it!! Pulled up stakes and went to a calmer spot with some lures. CAUGHT ONE!!!!!! 17 and 999/1000 inches!!!!! :reallycrying

Thanks a bunch for everyones tips and hints !!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.