Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
They work exceptionally well. I have a .338 ultra mag, no muzzle brake, with an HS stock on it. HS Precision uses, or use to use, hard rubber pads. I could maybe get through about 10 shots before my shoulder was in bad pain with that hard rubber pad on it. I cut that pad off and I installed a grind to fit limb saver and it's no problem at all to to shoot a box or more out of that rifle now.

·
***Creepy A$$ Cracker***
4,613 Posts
They defiantly help, I've got one on my .300wsm and it makes it a little better... With that Sendero it shouldn't be too bad anyway, that rifle is super heavy... My sako is 6lbs and kicks like a mule....

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought you just put your purse on your shoulder. By the way my invasion is shooting awesome.

·
***Creepy A$$ Cracker***
4,613 Posts
It was your moms purse, all the rubbers in it really helped make it soft. And my Eilte is shooting better than your invasion.
Dang!!!:001_huh:

·
Auburn Grad - 1999
3,551 Posts
I have one on my Gold 3 1/2. As far as function it works great. Durability not so much. Mine is starting to dry rot bad. Granted it's 6 or 7 years old but thought it should have held up better than it has. It started coming a part a couple years ago. I'm going to have to replace it pretty soon.

·
Topwater Bluefish fan
1,276 Posts
I've read on the Shotgun World forum that limbsavers sometimes become "gooey" and wear quicker than other pads . The Pachmayr Decelerator might not be quite as soft but lasts much longer .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts