Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well finally we got a small break in the weather yesterday and we capitalized. Headed 60-70nm ssw of perdido pass fishing some natural bottom and shallow rigs. The bite was hot. We were fishing live pinfish anywhere from 220-350' of water. Ended up with a 18 scamp, 1 snowy grouper, and decent amberjack. Stopped fishing at 10:00AM as we had our four man limit of grouper or at least we thoughtuntil we reach the dock and realized we were one short. All the scamp were decent size probably averaging 5 lbs. Craig's (straycat) wife snapped a pic so hopefully he'll post up. Guys the deepwater scamp bite is hot!!

Keith 'Lil Kahuna'

·
Registered
573 Posts
Damn sorry about my post as Inot see T-Cats post this morning . Anyway had a great time

and just a little sore this morning.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Congradulations guys, sounds like a great day, would be a rough one today, wind is howling over here on the ICC.

·
Registered
863 Posts

Here are the pre-cleaning pic's at the dock. Seas were 2' on the way out and solid three's coming home. Had a great trip, glad we made it with the sea's and pending weather being so sketchy. We have about 8 lbs of scamp cleaned when all said and done.Were standing by for the Lump season to begin:letsparty

4,058 Posts
frydaddy (1/1/2008)What's the Lump season? Never heard of it. Great catch.
not sure whether or not you're serious so i'll answer it anyways. the lump is one of several underwater salt domes that rises from (i dont know how deep) to within just a couple hundred feet of the surface, off of louisiana. anyways, when it gets real cold out, it attracts BIG yellowfin and STUD wahoo a couple months out of the year. near about the highlight of my year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts