Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
February is starting out to be a good month with some nice trout & redfish days. I’ve been fishing both mornings and afternoons some trips some scouting trips with both being very productive.

The trout we’re catching are in the 14-16” range with one or two over 20”. The reds we are catching are in the slot, and most of those are right around 23 –26”. I’ve still been catching a few bulls in the bay off and on; they are there, you just have to look for them, and when you do find them it is a pure adrenaline rush.

The weather has been really mild so far this February with temps right around 62 -71 degrees, till this weekend, which has kept the fish mostly on the shallows, although every once in a while I’ll hook a few in deep water, but most of the fish I’m hooking are in depths of 3 - 7ft.

Baits I’m tossing are either MirrOlure’s 17M – 18MR and the MirrOdine XL.
Other baits I’m tossing are Z-Mann’s 5” Paddler Z in Red Bone or Bad Shad on a 1/4oz jig head.
Another good soft plastic is Bass Assassin’s 4” Paddle Tails in Copper Belly or Pearl White on a ¼ oz on a Bass Assassin Elite Jig Head.

This past Monday it was windy and rainy and again on Tuesday and Wednesday , so I didn't fish those days. I did fish Thursday, and Friday and the bite for trout and reds was pretty good.
Spring is not far off (about 6 weeks and the Spring Breakers will be here) and we’ll be fishing for a variety of species, from Sheepshead, Redfish, Black Drum, Snapper, Groupers, Trout, and more. There are plenty of fish to o after, so bring your sun screen, and a protein bar, and a sling because your arm is going to be sore for sure after all the fish reeling fun.

Tight Lines..
John

·
Roll Tider
2,662 Posts
Nice work, thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the kind words, ill be out a lot this March both in the pass and on the flats.
I'm hoping to break the 10 lb Sheepshead mark, my biggest is just over 9 lb

1 - 9 of 9 Posts