Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
i had a similar battle about a month ago

i caught about a 20 pounder on 15 pound line

took about 45 min and took me to the middle of the bay!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Bet your arms were sore after that one. Reminds me of the ones on Pickens Pier many moons ago. Great fish.:hoppingmad:hoppingmad:hoppingmad

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
true-king (10/8/2007)i had a similar battle about a month ago

Yes....me too.

A couple of weeks ago I caught a 25 pounder on 2 pound test line. Wasusing a bream buster and

a 1" cricket for bait. Drug my boat for 4 hours. Drugme from the Escambia River to the 3-

mile bridge where he was bitten off behind the gills by a 8' bull shark. The head still

weighed 7 pounds. I would have taken a picture, but the batteries were dead on my

camera.

It was an awesome adventure I will never forget.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Thats awseome DFA. The last time i hooked up with a big Jack I was fishing in that creek that runs through Carriage Hills Country club. I was using cataba worms for bait. That joker pulled my ganoe under Mobile Hwy. Then we went behind Willowwick Apartments and under Patricia Drive and then out into Perdido Bay. Just when I felt likeI was getting the upper hand he cut me off on the pillings under the Lillian Bridge. Thats twice now this has happend. Dam Jacks

·
Registered
461 Posts
Death From Above (10/8/2007)

Yes....me too.

A couple of weeks ago I caught a 25 pounder on 2 pound test line. Wasusing a bream buster and

a 1" cricket for bait. Drug my boat for 4 hours. Drugme from the Escambia River to the 3-

mile bridge where he was bitten off behind the gills by a 8' bull shark. The head still

weighed 7 pounds. I would have taken a picture, but the batteries were dead on my

camera.

Don't you mean a 1 lb cricket:poke

·
Registered
114 Posts
LOL. You guys are nutts! You're like the controllers I work with. No mercy and whether the moment is good or bad, we find a way to step on your throat and make jokes. Great Fish!

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Midnight Rider (10/8/2007)Thats awseome DFA. The last time i hooked up with a big Jack I was fishing in that creek that runs through Carriage Hills Country club. I was using cataba worms for bait. That joker pulled my ganoe under Mobile Hwy. Then we went behind Willowwick Apartments and under Patricia Drive and then out into Perdido Bay. Just when I felt likeI was getting the upper hand he cut me off on the pillings under the Lillian Bridge. Thats twice now this has happend. Dam Jacks
Yeah.....I hate it when that happens! Waste of a good cataba worm and a bream hook. :banghead:banghead

·
Registered
4 Posts
Death From Above (10/8/2007)

Yes....me too.

camera.

That is awsome... But... one day i could not find any bait to castnet around the boat landing.. sooo... we crunk up and headed to our favorite spot in about 110' of water around the Bay bridge.... arrived.. anchored.. and dropped the sabikis'.... Before we could get settled in "BOOM"... lightning popped from a clear blue sky followed by fluttering snow flurries on a hot summer day... with only a couple of hours to fish, we didnt have much time to give it much thought, but we were sure it was to be our day.... current was so strong we had to put 4 three once egg sinkers on to try and keep it on bottom... not 2 minutes pass by and one pole with the sabiki rig doubles over.... noooo... we knew this wasnt just bait... my fishing partner "Buddy" wrestled the pole out of the rod holder and hoolered "pull the anchor"... Pulled the anchor and fired the motorin 3.2 seconds.... that fish pulled 400 drag screaming yards before I was full throtle at 60 mph... Buddys' up front hanging on for dear life and slowly gaining some ground... towards the intercoastal we go and have closed within 300 yards of this fish... Seems the fish is finally tiring as we approach the ICW at a blistering 2 knots and maintain that course for a good 1 kilometer... With Buddy still sted fast on the bow and says he can almost see him... CRACK, snap, snap, snap, snap, snap the reel breaks loose from the rod seat sliding down the pole taking all the Fugi guides with it... @%^* %#[email protected]* bleep bleep bleep.... then all silence... in a ripple of the water a large beast like head appears... its a manatee holding a sign "NO WAKE ZONE COMING SOON"... Buddy just shakes his head as we head off into the sunset.... Man I will never forget that day.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts