Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the last month or so I've been heavily fishing the bay around I-10. With the cost of gas I'm staying closer to home. In that time I've found a nice pattern for sightfishing big black drum on light gear. I've been going to a couple of oyster shell/rock bars thatI know around the high tide.I chum heavilywith peeled bits of shrimp. The blk. drum smell it and come inSHALLOW. Sight a fish/pod of fish and freeline either a 4 inch gulp shrimp or a split blue crab. In the past 3 weeks I've landed nearly a dozen fish this way-all of which have been over 20# with some over 35#. I got 2 today before the storm front on 6 lb gear-one 23#, one 30#. All the fish have been revived and released. It's not the most glamorous, but it's certainly a fun way to burn a couple hours. Tonight, I'll try and upload a few pics from my cell phone. Tight lines.

-Jason

·
Registered
92 Posts
I enjoy catching black drum, especially the big ones tend to put up a nice fight I can only imagine on light light tackle like that.

If I could do that for sure everytime I wanted to take someone fishing I would certainly call that a good day =)

·
Registered
591 Posts
sounds like fun to me...what part of the I-10 bridge is closer to home, if you fon't mind my asking. I would also like to fish closer to home. I am in Pace, but havn't really found many fish around the I-10 bridge close to Arhchie Glover.

Glastronix

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm on the Scenic Hwy side. I've had luck around the railroad trackrocks nearshore justpast Langley Ave(heading toward Summit),and the all the limestone around the Dairy Queen. Also right beneath the DQ is a smallrocky point extending from shore. Good luck.

-Jason

·
Registered
6 Posts
j_purdy (6/18/2008)I'm on the Scenic Hwy side. I've had luck around the railroad trackrocks nearshore justpast Langley Ave(heading toward Summit),and the all the limestone around the Dairy Queen. Also right beneath the DQ is a smallrocky point extending from shore. Good luck.

-Jason

Are you wading?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts