Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started a little side work cleaning a pool. I'm going to look at two more making it three pools a month. Just doing it for beer money really. Should I pursue getting license and bonded? Btw I am cpo certified at my job

·
Registered
10,657 Posts
Yep just as BT said. Covers yourself and your customers. Make it 4 or 5 a month to pay for it all and be cover!

·
Registered
8,823 Posts
I'm a little surprised you can have a pool cleaning or any business with being licensed and insured. Keep in mind anything could happen. A home owner could accuse you of damaging a pool liner any any number of things.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Land-Locked
1,119 Posts
What's it mean to be bonded?
Certain professions (usually service/construction industries) require surety bonds. It's just another way a customer can get paid if your business royally screws up. Edit, to add more to it, if a customer uses your bond to make, say a $10k claim, you will owe the bond company $10k. The bond company just guarantees that someone will pay for the customer's losses.

·
Registered
12,731 Posts
Be careful. You aren’t allowed to touch the pump for repairs without special licensing. Other pool companies will report you and it is a hassle at that point. Just FYI.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts