Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 327 Posts

·
Powerstroke Medic
6,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a certified Diesel technician i can come to you. 850-736-547eight i specialize in powerstroke. Also Work on cummins cat perkins duramax Detroit international nissan mercedes John deere and kubota pretty much anything. Also Do hydraulic repairs

·
Registered
5,564 Posts
Wirelessly posted

How do you tune a '04 Duramax, other than change oil and filters??....serious question

·
Powerstroke Medic
6,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pretty much on a Diesel now a days a tune is just fuel System cleaning and changing fuel filters. In My opinion if u want more Power or mileage upgrade ur intake and exhaust. Most trannies wont hold Too much upgrades.

·
Powerstroke Medic
6,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Snagged Line said:
Wirelessly posted

How do you tune a '04 Duramax, other than change oil and filters??....serious question
Duramax depends on early or late build 04 You can get a Bit more boot out of your turbo for cheap.

·
Auburn Grad - 1999
3,547 Posts
Had saintsfann76 aka Roy come over and do a little work on my truck yesterday. He was very knowledgabe and did a great job at a very reasonable price. Just wanted to give him a plug. If you got any diesel work you need done he can probably save you some $ and do it right in your drive way. Thanks again Roy!

·
Powerstroke Medic
6,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Had a baffler this a.m at work had a a 6.0 would shut down all Kinds of codes. Map icp baro app Codes wouldnt Start back up. Checked for 5 Volt vref volts at icp. Had battery voltage at each sensor big no no. Chased wiring down found exposed wires rubbing on turbo solenoid. Repaired wires rechecked volts all within specs. Multiplex wiring at It's finest.

·
Registered
804 Posts
My 6.4 needs and oil change and whatever other maintenance needs to be done at $40,000 miles. Is that something you can do, or do I have to take it to the dealership? I have a Spartan and some "upgrades" to the exhaust that I would rather not return to stock to take it in if I don't have to (not that it's that hard, I just don't want to fool with it).

·
Registered
301 Posts
Saints gave me some great advice on my 5.9 cummins and saved me wasting some big bucks in fear to those crooked dealerships ;) Looking forward to having work done in the future with him...give this guy a shout, he'll help you out!

·
Powerstroke Medic
6,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Memorial day special 7.3 6.0 6.4 6.7 powerstroke diesel maintenance special fuel filter service with bottle of seafoam fuel system cleaner oil change all parts included 275.00 will come to you within 30 miles of 32583. No extra cost. If u drop it at my house knock 20.00 off. Also 5.9 cummins oil and fuel filter service parts included 200.00 can do any diesel parts and labor quoted on those 8507365478 refer to pff ad

·
Powerstroke Medic
6,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Gonna be in fort walton area tomorrow, i would like to get a couple more jobs out that way navarre midway gulf breeze milton crestview val p niceville. Remember I work on just about anything except small engines. Gas burners as well. 8507365478

·
Tangle Master
3,310 Posts
Can you work on a GM 6.5 turbo diesel? I mostly do everything myself, but i just replaced my injection pump and it needs to be timed. Its a 96 with the electronic injection pump. It runs and drives fine, but it requires a GM scan tool to set the injection timing. After i replaced the injection pump i noticed a little bit of loss in acceleration which leads me to believe its just a tad off.

1 - 20 of 327 Posts