Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

· Registered
2,147 Posts
Did this the other day at the house. 24 hours into a 72 at the firehouse. Firehouse thanksgiving is mullet and oysters too busy to do anything elaborate. Having the neighboring engine company over to grab a quick bite if 911 allows

Attachments

· Registered
424 Posts
Turkey 🦃 and Ham both on the Webber brined the bird for 24 and dried it for 12 accented it with some applewood. Absolutely 💯 delicious 🤤 😉 and for some odd reason it won’t let me post a picture all of a sudden🤣🤔. Any suggestions

· Registered
12,140 Posts
I had mine indirect, around 225 for 2 hours, kicked up to 275 for the last hour and a half or so. Pulled it when the breast hit 157. Let it rest, sliced it after 20 minute rest. Amazing how moist this $8 cheapo Bird was. Dern good too

· Registered
424 Posts
I had mine indirect, around 225 for 2 hours, kicked up to 275 for the last hour and a half or so. Pulled it when the breast hit 157. Let it rest, sliced it after 20 minute rest. Amazing how moist this $8 cheapo Bird was. Dern good too
I also went with the WD 49 cent a lb bird and with the brine couldn’t tell the difference between it and a fresh Butterball 😉

· Bearded Brotula
16,995 Posts
Brown Fluid Rectangle Gas Wood
Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Plant

Brined a 14 lb bird. Cooked at 250° till done. Came out pretty good. I'll go back to cooking one on my Egg though. The Lang can't be touched for butts and ribs, but the turkey is much better on the Egg.

· Registered
685 Posts
Deep fried in peanut oil, with Zatarins Creole butter injection and Creole dry rub, perfect and like legal Crack, the skin was amazing, 3rd yr deep frying and it gets better each time, twice baked potatoes and homemade stuffing.

· Registered
4,367 Posts
Anybody tried a smoke and fry combination? I saw something on line and it was smoked to 150 and fried the rest of the way to crisp the skin.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts