Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I have a leash for my paddle but figured I need to have my rods and other equipment tied down as well.....don't want to take a spill and loose everything...Lol

Do you guys think that 550 cord would suffice for leash's for my rods and such? Just don't want to pay the 8-10 bucks per leash I've seen at stores!

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Go to a thrift store and buy old chargers with coiled cords and cut then end off and make your own.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
you can find caribiners (can't spell that) just about everywhere nowadays and make your own for less than an a dollar each. A little shrink tubing and some bungee cord and have at it. I also put soft plastic baits in a large zip lock baggy and zip it with some air in it so if it gets dumped it'll float. Lost a tackle box floating a river many year ago and learned my lesson.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have a leash that is an old Ethernet cord, 3 that are old dog leashes among other stuff along those lines. Granted it may not "look" the prettiest persay, but they are all more than functional and I saved the money for other fishing stuff. I think that old phone charger cords will look better if you care about looks. Up to you, but you will want to put a clip, or carabineer on whatever you make to avoid tying knots.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts