Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use a cleaning vise to sight in a rifle now and then. I got the urge to swap over to a lead sled or one of the other brand sleds.
What works best for you for the $ ??

·
Registered
375 Posts
Just bought a lead sled plus from E Bay for $109.00 and love it. Can put two 25 lb. weights on it if needed. Don't know how I got by without before. :thumbup:

·
Registered
8,501 Posts
You might want to do some research on some of the gun forums about the lead sled before buying one. Some say it can result in cracked stocks which makes sense if you think about what's it's doing. It's kind of like putting your stock up against a brick wall and shooting the gun.
I've got a plain ol' shooters vise where I feel the recoil. Works fine for me.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
If shooting a rifle out of a lead sled cracks the stock, I would blame the stock. I love my lead sled. Best thing I've ever used for sighting in rifles.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Have shot a 308, 30.06, 30/30, 22 and 223 out of mine and no cracked stocks. Im with you Chadd, stock must be bad if it cracks in sled, JMO.

·
***Creepy A$$ Cracker***
4,623 Posts
I am ordering one right now...

·
***Creepy A$$ Cracker***
4,623 Posts
Mullet, you are the man. Ever time I look on the forum you are buying something.
No, no, no, chad YOU ARE THE MAN..... Sitting on that high dollar rifle... I could not afford to site that thing in... Mad respect to ya!! I would have to work day and night to be able to hunt like you go out:yes::yes:

·
Really Senior Member
485 Posts
I have the Shooters Ridge version of a lead sled. Sure is handy for sighting in guns that kick like my 6 lb. .308

·
***Creepy A$$ Cracker***
4,623 Posts
I have the Shooters Ridge version of a lead sled. Sure is handy for sighting in guns that kick like my 6 lb. .308
I've got a 6lb 300wsm.....:thumbdown:

·
***Creepy A$$ Cracker***
4,623 Posts
Got my lead sled in today i guess I've got to go to academy and now buy a weight to hold her down..... What do you guys use for weight, or do you go weightless??? Any help on this thing would be appreciated...

·
Registered
375 Posts
Which model did you get. The lead sled plus is built to use 25Lb weights from barbell set. I use a 17.6 lb. weight in mine and works good. One option that is cheap is to use bag of sand. Not as heavy as lead but works pretty good. I have an extra weight that you are welcome to, but don't know if drive is worth it for you. Work in Cantonment and could bring it next week if you decided you want it.

·
***Creepy A$$ Cracker***
4,623 Posts
I got the lead sled plus, my brother in law teaches weight training at a local high school..... So I guess you know:whistling::whistling::whistling:

·
***Creepy A$$ Cracker***
4,623 Posts
Jeremy, I use a 25 pound barbell weight and it is plenty..
Sam
Got a 25lb weight today.... Now if my shoulder will cooperate:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Led sleds are great for range days but you guys using these led sleds to sight in rifles make sure that you verify POI with out the led sled. It can often be very different from the sled to your shoulder.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts