Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mike (LoupGarou)his son Hunter and I headed out Sunday to take advantage of the awesome conditions.The seas were slick all dayallowing a nice run out to the edge and beyond; however, the bite wasn't all that great but didn'tmatteras weenjoyed nice conditions picking our way around. I jigged up anAlmaco while Mike jigged up 2 very nice Aj's in the 30lbs range and a 26"erhanding the Trevala off to Hunter each time to do the dirty work.lol..

When Mike hooked the 3rdAj and called Hunters name, the look on Hunters face was priceless...It was a long fight but Hunter would hangin there til the reef donkeyfinally hit the deck, Hunter and the 36"er were pretty lifeless...lol It was mid afternoon so we decided to enjoy a cold one while pointing the bow north for an awesome return cruise.

We caught several mingo, a big eyeand dem white snapper all day but could not find the grouper bite even with butterflied baits soaking on the bottom.

I enjoyed a nicedayspending time on calm waterswith Mike and Hunter! Thanks for hopping onto the LBT guys!

Jimmy

Edit forpic of Mike

·
Registered
549 Posts
Jimmy Looks like you all had a blast out there. Some nice AJ's for sure. I am not to sure about the wayHunter was holding the rod. I guess it was hold on any way you can. But in the endHunter did bring the fish to the boat. Memories fishing with dad and his friend. GreatJobto Jimmy and Mike. Gene

·
Registered
332 Posts
I guess thats how you ride a reef donkey!!!!!!! Great times, weather and memories.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, Gene when I turned around and observed Hunter's technique I could only cringe but like you said get it done any way you can...Whilecleaning the fish back at home Hunter asked if I had oneof those belt things...lol I felt bad because I had2 belt buckets down in the cabin but Hunter appearto have his technique working for him at the time...

Jimmy

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
hey whatever works on the rod holding! Fishing with lighter rods and reels and braid is so much more fun that the old heavy short broomsticks and 50lb mono, makes it to wear the kids and women have a shot at fighting a lot of these fish. Great pics and great conditions! Lets hope they hold thru the week.

MSyellowfin

·
Registered
104 Posts
Jimmy Hunter and I cant thank you enough for such a great time. Hunter was beat big time for sure and we new everyone would get a kick out of hunters reeling style. Again we thank you and it was nice to be able to relax and not feel any pressure. That was the first time I had been out on someone else's rig in over 3 years maybe longer. It's was definitely relaxing.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Good Job! I hold the rod between my legs, then get this wife's attention and point at it, all the time. She usally responds by rolling her eyes and saying you wish!

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LoupGarou (25/05/2010)Jimmy Hunter and I cant thank you enough for such a great time. Hunter was beat big time for sure and we new everyone would get a kick out of hunters reeling style. Again we thank you and it was nice to be able to relax and not feel any pressure. That was the first time I had been out on someone else's rig in over 3 years maybe longer. It's was definitely relaxing.
Mike,I certainly enjoyed having you and Hunter aboard the LBT for a relaxing day of fishing...and let me say how impressed I was how Hunter handled himself offshore rigging / bait prep / sighting fish and pulling his own weight and then some...You have certainly taught him well....Oh, and NO fish will ever own that young man FOR SURE...What I left out was the Aj's were all hooked up in a 30 minute time frame...Not many grown men I know would jump so fast to tackle dem' reef donkeys back to back as Hunter did....

Look forward to more trips with you and Hunter aka"FISH HUNTER"!

Jimmy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts