Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Wicked Awesome
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and a buddy from work are planning on dropping it at Quintette on Sunday morning, probably around 7:30-8am, and fishing down to Hwy 90. Depending on how long it takes to go that far, we will probably fish around the islands at the mouth as well, or just north of Jim's along the grass. If anybody cares to join us, I will confirm the time Saturday evening. Right now we are keeping an eye on the weather. So far it looks like it will be a nice day. O*D*W

·
Wicked Awesome
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, fishing Escambia, and making our way down. As of yesterday, the river was down, but the water was up to the dock. Im not sure how much rain we are supposed to get in the next couple days, but either way, we will be out there as long as it isn't raining on Sunday. I have got to get my yak wet. O*D*W

·
Wicked Awesome
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haven't decided yet. It will be the first time going. I would rather take the longer route, if you know which that would be?

·
Wicked Awesome
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It almost looks like going left would be more fun and a slower trip. What do you think, yakavelli? You done that trip before?

·
Wicked Awesome
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have been looking at the sat pics all week, and all of it looks great. Plus, there are so many sleus all up through there. I could fish all weekend. Lol. But, im thinking we will go left. It looks a little slower and away from civilization.

·
Senior Yakker
2,765 Posts
Oh...and if you wanna end up around around jims, you'll need to take a left down there before you get to the power lines, otherwise you'll be heading back towards the main river. There's a 4 way intersection way on down there where you can turn left and go towards the X. It's the easiest turn to describe, hard to give directions lol, it all looks the same back in there.

·
Wicked Awesome
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
As of right now, the weather is kinda wishy washy. Not sure what it gonna do yet. Still, the temps up around 77 tomorrow. They are calling for early a.m. showers, which to me, a.m. is a 12 hour window. The plan is to meet up at WH on Woodbine around 7:00am for breakfast, and then head to Quintette. I will be leaving my truck at Swamp House, and loading the yaks in my buddies truck. His wife will drop us off. Of course, this is all dependent on the weather at that time.

Yakavelli, im thinking we are going to go left, and come out at Jims. From there, we will just head towards the bay and loop around and back up towards the Swamp House. Thanks for the feedback. -Mike

1 - 14 of 14 Posts