Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
C-Hawk 245 Pilot House
5,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Each year it's the same every good weather weekend. Launch ramp lines, no place to park, people that can't back a boat, people that wait until the boat is backed down the ramp before loading, etc.

I, for the first time ever, have rented a slip for June, July, and August. Blocks away from where I usually launch, Lions Park in Niceville. Not too expensive, around $200 per month. And, I can put out pin fish traps too. Dock has cameras, and a bathroom with a shower.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Good for you. I do the same every chance I get, except I book it per days I'm down...no since in fighting the crowds if you can avoid it.

·
C-Hawk 245 Pilot House
5,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure, I didn't ask. I can clean on my boat if needed. Most times, we take them home whole and clean there.

·
Registered
74 Posts
You're lucky. Lions has been a zoo for the last month. One weekend the line to haul out in the afternoon was more than 12 trailers deep.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
There is nothing like throwing the lines off and going fishing! You will love it.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I live near the upper Blackwater Bay, sometimes I launch from a small ramp near my house and spend the extra fuel just to avoid this stuff, but other times I need to launch in Pensacola Bay itself in which case I use Mahogany Mills ramp... which has become increasingly crowded every year since it was completed, this year being really over the top due to the stupid virus having everyone with a boat inclined to put it in the water (and their experience shows at the ramp!). My little minor improvement on the launch ramp blues is something I did last year for snapper season to ease the pain of having to park in the overflow parking on Old Barrancas (I have a family, sometimes 0-dark-30 is not in the cards). I carry a collapseable Razr scooter in my truck - it fits in my boats console storage easily, and it makes the walk between the ramp and the overflow parking a quick zip.

·
Registered
79 Posts
That sounds like a great plan. How often do you have to pull it out to clean the hull so it doesn't get stuff growing on it?

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I keep my boat in the water at Jim's fish camp. It's brackish there. It has a bottom job. I pull it every few months. It's less in the winter and more in the summer. The convenience can't be beat.

·
C-Hawk 245 Pilot House
5,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's got older bottom paint on it, probably pull it out at least every few weeks. I'll watch to see if anything starts growing on the hull. Going to add some zincs to the aluminum bracket.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts