Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
The new rod looks great how many have you made? I am working on my third a 9 foot cobia rod just finished mounting the grip and reel seat and fixing to start shaping the Eva. I am having problems figuring out what I want to do with the thread design.

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is the 6th. The one I start tonight is going to be the Alabama rod with a Chevron butt wrap. I wish there was a rodbuilding section on here we could use to pick the brains of some of the pro's. I know one thing this is the most satisfying hobby I have ever tried. I am completely addicted, I cant wait to finish one to start the next.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Same here I am going to go broke buying rod blanks and thread. Have you tried the chevron yet? I did a couple and they did not turn out very good. My problem was either putting to much tension on the thread and they would not pack well or not enough tension let me know how it goes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hello,my first postand not very good at this stuff. thought id try to talk with you about the chevron wraps. i have built a few rods with them for a butt wrap.

·
Registered
4 Posts
well its one of the easy wraps but might be hard to explain. but simplest way to explain is go up right then down right. keep doing thatwith each color with the number of theads of that color that you choose. one of the more popular wraps is a chevron fade. this is done by alternating the colors and width of colors as you move up the rod. hpe thats not to confuising

1 - 9 of 9 Posts