Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well for the last three weeks I have been Fishing alot. I have primarily been focusing on Flounder( I have been looking for new spots and trying to learn how to better fish the pass for them). I have caught nine legal fish on my last four trips on lures, and three legal fish on live bait. As for the red fish i have been killing them. A good freind of mine aron and i caught seven reds over slot the other night, plus thirteen of the biggest white trout i've seen. We also went to the pass a few weeks ago and caught a red that was 49 3/4 inches long!!!! I have really learned alot about the fall flounder and red run here latley(MOON PHASE) !! But i discovered a very interesting thing about two 1/2 weeks ago. Early one morning i left the ramp alone in my boat and headed to a spot i thought should contain some large flounder. I fished the spot for about thirty minutes or so with only one bite on my gulp. Well frustration and lack of sleep started to take over and i was thinking about running to the pass when i saw a little commotion ontop of the water. I grabbed my topwater rod and launched the CHUG BUG around the area and worked it four or five times when a got a weak strike, somehow the fish missed the plug. I threw back; and instantly received another ok strike, and the fish missed the plug again, i worked the lure once more, missing again, well i was good and pissed off by this point thinking i missed alegal fish so i threw once more, and started to work the plug when my flourcarbon leader caught one of the treble hooks and caused the lure to dance like a zara spook and resulting in the fish missing it once more!!!! I then said quietly a few choice words and luck prevailed when the lure untangled itself and the fish then erupted on it!! This time i FIRMLEY set the hook and instantly realized that this was no legal fish!!!! This FISH was very large and in charge. After the initial hook set i lessened my drag due to the soft moth's that trout have and started in after the fish with the boat meanwhile weaving the fish in and out of structure!!!! Finally i landed this fish!!!! the fish measured 28 1/2 and I guess weighed around 7 1/2 -8 1/2 pounds!!!! I think that this is my largest weighing trout ever. For the next few trips i fished the same area were i caught this beast; I caught several flounder and a very large red in this area. I ALSO CAUGHT SITE OF A TROUT MUCH BIGGER THAn THIS ONE!!!! I figured i would save that fish for next year lol. I LIKE FALL!!!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Good report. Your right, this is a fun time to be fishing inshore around here. SLOW your retreive on your topwaters this time of year for those mongo trout.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Hey GREAT job. I know you had a good time catching those. Thanks for posting so all of us could see.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Great report and pictures. For the past two years I've wanted to do the sanme thing, work the area for flounder to find a few honey holes but haven't gotten out there. The way you've got this now it's very hard to read, if you edit your post and hit return after each picture they will stack vice having to scroll back and forth to read.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
good job there james...say hello to fred and sandra...

some advise...how about hitting the "enter" button after attaching each picture so they'll stack...

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, sorry for the poor pic. It was taken by my mothers camera. I never acctually weighed the fish but it was huge! I guess it was between 7.5-8.5 #S

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh yeah i forgot to add these pics of my daughter catching a catfish!! She surprised me by actually hooking and reeling without needing any help!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts